Finds problems but won't list or remove them

A system was infected with an encryption virus. Malwarebytes was installed but not as active protection, just as an on-demand scanner. If I tried to run it it would immediately close. I think some of its files were encrypted. This virus encrypted files in program directories other than exe and dll files, so messed up several programs. Reran the install file and then Malwarebytes ran and removed the infection. But subsequent scans find 5 items but it won't give me the screen at the end to list them and let them be removed. It also doesn't have the link on the scan screen to see what these problems are. I fetched a fresh install file and did a new install, tried logging in as admin and running it from there, nothing helps. Active protection is running now and the system seems to be okay now but I need to get this resolved. Thanks.

26 minutes ago, olduser said:

How about removing the affected HD and attach it as an "external HDD " to a fully protected system , where you have a good AV and MBA installed, and try scanning the "external" HDD from  this system.

@olduser Not everyone has the know how or extra  equipment to do things like this so I think this bad advice.

@Njem  Just follow the post from @pondus