Malwarebytes Anti-Malware not blocking webs

Previously when I was using Malwarebytes in windows 7, that time it used to block pop ups, add websites etc while I'm browsing and showed notification with ip and site name that malicious website blocked. but now I'm using windows 10 and malwarebytes anti-malware is not blocking those same add websites which open in new tab when I click, now they seem to open in browser redirects to facebook and sometimes redirects to betting sites etc. now I'm using windows 10 pro, so please give a solution on make malwarebytes block those web like it used to in windows 7. Thanks

Hi Shohag :)

If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware isn't blocked a website, it might be because it wasn't added yet to the database, or reported as malicious to the Malwarebytes team yet? If you think a website should be added (if it delivers malware, is a fake tech support scam, etc.), then you can provide the URL and a VirusTotal report of that URL in the Newest IP or URL Threat section.

6 hours ago, Aura said:

Hi Shohag :)

If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware isn't blocked a website, it might be because it wasn't added yet to the database, or reported as malicious to the Malwarebytes team yet? If you think a website should be added (if it delivers malware, is a fake tech support scam, etc.), then you can provide the URL and a VirusTotal report of that URL in the Newest IP or URL Threat section.

Hi Aura, Thanks for the reply. 

Now you made me think that there are different database for same Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in different operating system, Right? If so then it's ok, cause I only changed the windows not the Malwarebytes, but i checked again with my desktop and laptop 1 has windows 7 and another windows 10 and both windows I have installed the same latest Anti-Malware Home Premium updated to latest database too. After that I visited the same download site from both pc in chrome browser, in that page you can't click anything at first, your first click will open a new tab with some redirecting sites, now in windows 7 when the new tab opens malwarebytes gives notification and says malicious web blocked and stops loading that tab but in windows 10 new tab opens redirect to sometime saying facebook campaign or some betting sites. So I asked that. I also stop the new tab and copied the link http://data:text/html;base64,PGh0bWw+PGJvZHk+PHNjcmlwdD52YXIgZXBvY2ggPSBuZXcgRGF0ZSgpLmdldFRpbWUoKTt2YXIgX2Vwb2NoRnJvbVdpbmRvd05hbWUgPSB3aW5kb3cubmFtZS5zcGxpdCgnXycpWzNdO2lmKGVwb2NoIC0gX2Vwb2NoRnJvbVdpbmRvd05hbWUgPCAyNTApe3dpbmRvdy5sb2NhdGlvbj0nJzt9PC9zY3JpcHQ+PC9ib2R5PjwvaHRtbD4=  I don't know if these sites are not harmful for windows 10, but curious why in windows 7 it was blocked saying malicious web blocked. If it's because of database different for these two operating system then just say that it is and I'm happy with that. Thanks again.

This is because a random redirection URL is generated every time you click on the link. Sometimes you'll be redirected to website A, sometimes to website B, etc. If website A is blocked by Malwarebytes, the Web Protection will kick in, but if the Website B isn't, it won't obviously. These kind of links do not always redirects to the same page/site, but go through a random selector that picks one randomly and you end up being redirected to it.

26 minutes ago, Aura said:

This is because a random redirection URL is generated every time you click on the link. Sometimes you'll be redirected to website A, sometimes to website B, etc. If website A is blocked by Malwarebytes, the Web Protection will kick in, but if the Website B isn't, it won't obviously. These kind of links do not always redirects to the same page/site, but go through a random selector that picks one randomly and you end up being redirected to it.

I have checked that too, stopped new tab copied links from this to that, that to this etc after disabling MBAM web protection in Windows 7. But opens same site. Anyway, forget this. Enough of reply, Can you please delete this topic or close it permanently. Thank you very much :)