keeping laptop safe

hi, guys

first time on this site, i am using windows 10, and firefox browser, avast anti virus, and malwarebytes,

what other programs/software would you guys use to keep my laptop very safe???

do you think windows 10 firewall is good to keep or would you guys recommend a change???

thanks for you time,

bluesfloyd,

On 6/22/2016 at 5:48 PM, Firefox said:

Hello and Welcome!

You will get many answers that vary to this question.

Windows firewall is probably all you need as far as the firewall...

AV and Malwarebytes is good, together with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit will help keep it protected.  Along with safe surfing practices as well.

hi,firefox

big thanks for your time to anwser my post, what do you think about (SUPERAntiSpyware) and ( Emsisoft Anti-Malware)

could i also run these with  AV and Malwarebytes and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit ????? 

all the best, bluesfloyd

I wouldn't advise using SuperAntiSpyware, mostly it just detects cookies now and there are other and better tools for this such as Ccleaner.

At one time you could run Emsisoft Anti-Malware alongside another AV however Emsosoft advises not to do this now.

You have 2 choices as I see it, add MBAE to your setup or uninstall Avast and add Emsisoft and MBAE.

I personally believe Emsisoft is superior to Avast due to its behaviour blocker and lack of bloatware.

As mentioned I would stay away from SUPERAntiSpyware as I don't believe they are as good as they used to be, this is why I myself moved to MBAM.  As far as Emsisoft, well I never used it myself so I can't comment on that.  I have my MBAM for antimalware along with MBAE and my antivirus and I am happy with that.  I feel protected.

hi, guys
big thanks for all the help above,
i am told to keep window 10 updated, all software/programs and all drivers updated, which will help protect my laptop,
my windows 10 is set to automatic update, so that should be ok, yes/no?

i can run a feature in avast for (out of date software) so i think that covers software/programs updates, yes/no?

but how do i check if all the drivers are updated? is there software that could check this for me? please explain,
thanks guys for your time to help,
bluesfloyd.