revert back to version 1

And why would you want to do that? Malwarebytes 2.x includes new features and backend that allow for improved detections. Malwarebytes 1.x cannot detect some malware that 2.x can detect, so you would end up lowering your protection by doing so. And how exactly is version 2 buggy? I run it on my desktop and laptop and not once I had a single issue with it. I also run Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware.

I can tell you that most issues with Malwarebytes are caused by special configs/security programs mash-up on a system from what I've seen.

Edited by Aura

44 minutes ago, mrdodrop said:

yeah !let my to go to tweaking.com to have some ! and i will bring other links

@Aura Means here on this forum. You should be referring people HERE so that problems can be worked out.

But you wont do that because submitting logs is a waste of time to you and you have posted in a rude manner about that in the past.

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@Aura Means here on this forum. You should be referring people HERE so that problems can be worked out.

But you wont do that because submitting logs is a waste of time to you and you have posted in a rude manner about that in the past.

aha ! no problem I myself had so many issues with version 2 and now I think I will not post that links

6 minutes ago, mrdodrop said:

but the "setup file" isn’t host on malwarebytes.org end ? why they not hosting the file on malwarebytes.org ?

The reason is because we no longer support that version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and are only making it available as a courtesy to users who do not wish to use the latest 2.x release.

Reverting back to version 1.x of MBAM is like reverting your new tires on your car for some made of stone...

If so many users were complaining about wanting to go back to version 1.x we would know about it cause they would be posting here.  Of the millions of users, there may be a handful that have complained.

3 hours ago, digmorcrusher said:

Possibly he is referring to complaints when version 2 was first released, if I remember correctly there were some initially for a brief period until the kinks were worked out. However ever since that version 2 has been working flawlessly on my computer. Zero complaints here.

But then again, there's always a few things that needs to be adjusted after the release of a big version, it's the same for pretty much every product. I don't remember seeing a lot of problems with 2.x so far. At least, none that couldn't be fixed by a simple clean reinstall of the program or else.

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

Some want it so their shady key will still work and turn off program update so it stays working.:ph34r:

I hope that's not the reason, because such users would be doing themselves a great disservice since version 1.75 is incapable of using much of the syntax used in our new databases meaning 2.x, using the same database, is capable of detecting/blocking/removing far more malware (as well as PUPs) than 1.75 is.  2.x is even capable of blocking more malicious websites than 1.75 because it supports domain blocking in addition to the IP blocking supported by 1.75.  In fact, I just checked and rules.ref (the only database used by 1.75, as it ignores the others because it has not been coded to load/read them) only contains several thousand malicious IP addresses (and it contains 0 malicious domains).  Compare that to the tens of thousands of IP addresses contained within ips.ref and the well over a hundred thousand domains contained within domains.ref and you can imagine just how much more substantial the protection in 2.x is compared to 1.x when it comes to Malicious Website Protection alone, much less the additional protection against malware offered by all the enhancements in 2.x with regards to its malware detection capabilities.

We've also done a lot of things to improve Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's heuristic capabilities to make it far better at detecting new and unknown 0-day and 0-hour threats, not to mention the fact that it includes our Anti-Rootkit technology and has Chameleon self-protection integrated into it.

Comparing the latest 2.x release to version 1.75 is like comparing Windows 98 to Windows 7.  Yes, Windows 98 was quite a dependable operating system and was certainly a very powerful and functional operating system in its time, but time marches on and new technologies and innovations emerge and the time comes that the previous generations of technology just can't keep up with the needs and requirements of the users and the environment in which the technology is used.  For an anti-malware company like Malwarebytes this means that new cutting edge features and capabilities must be created in order to stay on top of emerging threats because the bad guys who write malware are innovating too, so trying to stay ahead of them forces us to adapt.  If we stand still, we'll lose the fight against malware so we have to keep moving.

Edited by exile360

On 6/22/2016 at 8:11 PM, Aura said:

But then again, there's always a few things that needs to be adjusted after the release of a big version, it's the same for pretty much every product. I don't remember seeing a lot of problems with 2.x so far. At least, none that couldn't be fixed by a simple clean reinstall of the program or else.

Agree, most every product needs fine tuning. I seem to recall an increase in forum posts when version 2 was released, basically that's one way I judge how a product is working , look at their forum to see how many problematic posts there are. i can say for sure that the number of people posting problems has decreased dramatically in here the last 6-8 months or so. That's a good thing, as I said earlier MBAM and MBAE are pretty much running flawlessly on my computer right now.

On 6/21/2016 at 8:14 PM, exile360 said:

The reason is because we no longer support that version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and are only making it available as a courtesy to users who do not wish to use the latest 2.x release.

thanks for the info

Edited by mrdodrop

On 6/21/2016 at 9:16 PM, Firefox said:

Reverting back to version 1.x of MBAM is like reverting your new tires on your car for some made of stone...

If so many users were complaining about wanting to go back to version 1.x we would know about it cause they would be posting here.  Of the millions of users, there may be a handful that have complained.

thanks for Explanation