Anti-Ransomware

cdwyer

Have posted to General as there doesn't seem to be any Anti-Ransomware Forum. It appears to be working fine. I have it in my start-up list and it starts fine but it puts an icon in my task bar and my Show Hidden Icons list. There is no particular reason that I can see why there should be an icon in my task bar. Also, I would like to see a pop up alert or tracker/counter of blocked ransomware. Without that I have no idea if it is really doing anything.  

Hello cdwyer and :welcome:

... it puts an icon in my task bar and my Show Hidden Icons list. There is no particular reason that I can see why there should be an icon in my task bar.

The MBARW developers intentionally made this change, many releases back, to afford the user an opportunity to double-check the status of MBARW's protection.  Ideally, just after a system start/restart, the user will open the MBARW GUI and confirm the state of protection and then dismiss the MBARW GUI.  Two clicks and the confirmation completes.  When the MBARW Beta testing program has successfully completed, this behavior will most likely not be present when the core technology of MBARW Beta is rolled into present Malwarebytes products.

I would like to see a pop up alert or tracker/counter of blocked ransomware.

The MBARW Beta user does see a message box when suspected ransomware has been detected.

Thank you for Beta testing the MBARW technology.

Edited by 1PW