Cannot update Malwarebytes or Windows 10 updates

Hi

After one of our computers was updated to Windows 10 we have been unable to do any updates for Windows 10 or for Malwarebytes. The windows updates won't even open the window to let us try and update and Malwarebytes says it is unable to access the update server. I have tried to google this problem and as I am new to Win10 it's getting me into more problems that it is solving I think as most suggestions will not allow me to do them.

I would appreciate any help for this.

thank you

A bit of an update - well here - not the computer! I did the clean boot and this at least allowed me to open up the windows update window and it then sought out and downloaded updates - however - the computer does not seem able to install them - it has been stuck at preparing to install updates 10% - and does not seem to be progressing with this at all.

I have manually opened up malwarebytes and tried to get it to update itself and unfortunately it still cannot.

Having reversed the steps in the link I currently cannot open the settings window again now either.

Hello and Welcome back...

Keep working with @Aura, I just wanted to mention that sometimes when updating to Windows 10, that sometimes messes with the Malwarebytes Program.  To get that working again, you could try the mbam-clean tool.

Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

To Aura - I have now managed to do get windows to do the updates but only after doing the clean boot.

To Firefox - thanks for your help too -  I have tried to work my way thru the link you sent but cannot find the HKEY thing so I googled it and think I know where to look - however the computer keeps denying me access saying I need a security tab. Aaaargh!

The instructions you are trying to follow only applies if your current installation was upgraded in the past from a Malwarebytes 1.x install. If it's not the case, then it doesn't apply to you. Do you still have your licence information in the email you received when you bought it?

And glad to see that the Windows Updates worked :)

Hi again

I have followed the procedure set out in post 6 from Firefox using the MBAM clean removal process - I used Option 1 in that process. I have gone thru this twice now as when I have entered the ID and Key I get a popup saying to make sure I am connected to the internet and it will not proceed from there .I am definitely connected to the internet. I have rebooted the computer and checked I have internet connection which I do, but Malwarebytes thinks I don't and won't go any further.

I have solved the lack of Ethernet connection with the help of utube, The computer was already plugged in and working fine until the upgrade to windows 10 - after the upgrade it would only connect on wifi not via ethernet. I am also running Kaspersky Total Security.

The only problem now is getting Malwarebytes to recognise that the computer IS connected to the internet as I am unable to get it to do so.

Ok, lets get some logs to see if we can tell what may be happening...

Also did you make sure your date and time on the computer are correct?

We would need more info on the system....

Please read the following and in your next reply ATTACH the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs
(the three files should be CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

Thank You,

Firefox

Apologies for starting another topic but it seems the other one has died and I have tried emailing also and got no reply. I am unable to get Malwarebytes to recognise I am connected to the internet so I am unable to Activate it hence cannot keep it updated.

I started a topic previously as at the same time I was unable to get Windows 10 to update itself - that is now resolved.

Both these issues are following an upgrade to Windows 10.

thank you

Sorry to bump this but is anyone able to help with this? I am unable to activate a paid version of Malwarebytes since upgrading to Windows 10 - I have the ID and Key but after entering them I get a message saying I need to be connected to the internet - which I am.

thank you

Hello:

It appears that your original post may have been inadvertently overlooked.:(
It's not entirely clear if the problem with Windows Updates reported in your other thread is related, or not.

If you have submitted a Help Desk request via email, then that is probably the best way to resolve the activation problems.
The folks there have access to account/payment/activation server information that we here in the forum do not have.
So they are best able to resolve such a problem.
You ought to have received at least an initial, automated reply to your help desk ticket submission.
If you did not receive that, then it may have landed by mistake in your junkmail or spam folder -- I would check there.
As it is a holiday here in the U.S., there may be a bit of a backlog of tickets at the Help Desk.
So, you may wish to wait a bit longer for a personal email reply from a support agent.

If you wish instead to be assisted here in the forum, then it may help us to better assist you to get of updated information about the system (the last logs in your other thread are ~2 weeks old).
If so, please follow the steps in this pinned topic: Diagnostic Logs.
If you already have the FRST tool on your computer, I suggest deleting the tool and downloading a fresh copy from the link in the pinned topic.
As you have already run FRST on this computer, please be sure to place a check-mark in the "Addition.txt" option before you run it, if it is not already checked. Make no further changes to the selected options/settings.

Then, please ATTACH all 3 logs to your next reply.
The forum staff and experts will review them and advise you further.

Thank you,

Hi

I am running Kaspersky Total Security. I did not hear anything from the help desk so if you like I'll keep this here? The other part of the prob is solved (I can now update Windows 10 but could not before). I'll run thru the diagnostic logs again after work and post them back.

thank you

Hi:

Since you have KTS, please check one thing, as suggested by @LiquidTension here, in a similar thread:

Please change the setting to look like the screen shot in step 4) of his post.

It might not hurt to reboot the system, for good measure.

If that does not resolve your issue, then, yes, please post back with a FRESH set of all 3 diagnostic logs.

Thank you,