'Fake bsod' scan and delete - Now Windows won't fully boot

So I had a fake bsod screen popping up after downloading a bad torrent and stupidly installing the .exe.

I had a multitude of malware .exe's running in task manager that I could not close fast enough to keep the fake bsod from popping up.

I ran mbam in safe mode, I have not used it in a year or so and it asked to install a new version which I did - initially it scanned and said that it could not quarantine but eventually it did delete files and asked me to reboot.

When I reboot it loads normally to windows user screen, then I input password and it just shows a black screen with ctfmon.exe minimized in the bottom left corner (won't maximize).

I can ctr+shft+delete and open up task manager, then use the File>new task/Run command to open firefox and use other commands.  But windows will only boot 4 programs on its own which are explorer.exe, dtsshellhlp.exe, winlogon.exe, and csrss.exe.

Nothing else will boot on it's own...

Farbar recovery tool ran and files attached

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Fixlist.txt

Hello and welcome to the Malwarebytes forum

Please run the following:

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop\FF DL's folder

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Reboot into normal mode and let me know how it goes.

Do you need further assistance with your machine?

Also, if possible, could you find the Malwarebytes Antimalware scan log that was run prior to this occurring and attach it.

I'd like to see what was removed.

• 5 months later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!