mglatfelter

Microsoft Office and Grammarly issues

Thanks for confirming hfike. I pushed a global exclusion a few mins ago so you don't need your local exclusion anymore. We're reaching out to Grammarly folks to see if they can give us a heads up next time before they release a new version so we can exclude it beforehand.

Just started for me today.  Can not open Word 2016 due to a 6.97.exe file Malware says exploit.  Exactly the same as earlier reports on this thread just the add in appears new ver 6.97 will try and exclude.

Edited by davephx

Same issue here. Just happens on me on 29 March 2017. 

I'm using Word 2010, with Grammarly and Zotero. My version of Malwarebytes is 3.0.6.1469

Malwarebytes is shutting down my WORD because I have the add-on GRAMMARLY enabled. I'd like to have WORD protected AND I'd like to use GRAMMARLY.

UPDATE: I deleted the threat from the REPORT. Turned the PROTECTION for Word back on and opened Word and a file and used GRAMMARLY and it's fine. 

Edited by RevRejaJoy

Hi All,

We pushed out a config update. Can you please confirm if the issues with Grammarly and Malwarebytes are resolved. Thank you.

Harry,

I sent Grammarly a problem ticket concerning this item the same time I posted here.  Grammarly suggested I uninstall their software completely and then reinstall an updated version of Grammarly.  I did not have to do that.  I check later in the evening and the problem was resolved. 

Pat

We're in touch with Grammarly and hope to have a more permanent solution for our common customers soon. Please stay tuned.

Just happened again to me.  I had excluded the file before I thought.  Grammerly must have just done an update.   Starting Word in safe mode doesn't let me get to disable the add-on, crashes with Malwarebites exploit warning.  Will try and uninstall and reinstall but this seems to happen every time there is a Grammerly update. 

Hi davephx,

We pushed out an update. Can you please confirm if the issues with Grammarly and Malwarebytes are resolved. Thank you.

I reinstalled last night and they like each other again. But it seems the issue pops up with Grammarly updates assuming they had one in the last few days. This is 2nd or 3rd time the issue has popped up. 

New update, new false positive. Added exception:

4F5BD8D491AAE778B358ECE2A1D28F09; GrammarlyAddInSetup6.6.101.exe