Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware - Failed to Activate

JasonS

Hello, I've been using Malwarebytes for years and just recently I came across Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware, so I downloaded BETA 7, v. 0.9.16.484 Setup from here, installed it with no problems but when I tried to run it I was given this message popup, see pic... Can anyone please help me get this activated? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Snap1.jpg

Hello JasonS and :welcome:

For the free embedded MBARW Beta license to activate, and normal subsequent operations, a permanent path must exist between the MBARW Beta program, its files, and any URLs within the following Internet domain names:     *.mwbsys.com  and  *.malwarebytes.org

Please create the following zipped archives for MBARW developer team analysis:

Create a .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply.  Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valuable feedback.

Hello @campfreddie and :welcome:

It is disappointing to read your Consumer Beta testing system is having MBARW Beta issues but each computer is unique.  Problems that seem "the same" frequently are not.  The same is true for solutions.  Solutions may often need to be individualized for your unique testing system.

It is less confusing for everyone if a "One Member Per Topic" policy is adhered to instead of posting to the topic of another member.  Development Team Members, Staffers, and Helpers will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP/Topic Starter, with individualized assistance.

Please start a NEW, and SEPARATE topic by left-clicking this >>Start New Topic<< link now.

Thank you always for your patience and understanding.

On 6/14/2016 at 8:30 AM, 1PW said:

Hello JasonS and :welcome:

For the free embedded MBARW Beta license to activate, and normal subsequent operations, a permanent path must exist between the MBARW Beta program, its files, and any URLs within the following Internet domain names:     *.mwbsys.com  and  *.malwarebytes.org

Please create the following zipped archives for MBARW developer team analysis:

Create a .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply.  Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valuable feedback.

Thank you for the welcome...

Directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\ ------ This folder is completely empty??

I do have the log though...

logs.zip

Hello JasonS:

It is not yet concerning that the "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\" directory has not developed.  Presently, the system is not permitting access to the necessary Malwarebytes servers and a unimpeded path must be established to the "*.mwbsys.com" Internet domain.

Thank you.