Keylogger/Malware Woes

Hey guys, so last night I was downloading some Android stuff to install a new OS on to my android phone. Well I guess I ended up downloadng some bad software and it did some funky stuff to my PC.

It started to change my Chrome web browser main page to some weird page, as well as it installed a Checkers Game, slowed the PC to a crawl, and when I restarted my computer the screen remained black.

So I immediately restarted my computer in Safe Mode and ran a MalwareBytes scan it and came up with over 100 PUP and malware, keyloggers, etc. I quarantined them all  and used the Restore feature from Windows and rolled back a few days and then I installed MalwareBytes and ran a full system scan and it came up clean. The PC has been running back to normal, fast, no hiccups, no weird activity.

My question is what are the chances of some undetected malware, keyloggers, etc are hiding still? I got a lot of personal stuff on the computer and as well as all my private banking, etc.

Should I do a full system wipe and start from scratch or am I being too paranoid?

Thank you for any help in advance!

Hello xSouthx and :welcome:

Though you have lowered the chances considerably, the computer may still have residual and unresolved malware infection(s) and malware removal actions are not permitted in this subforum.

I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also attach (not copy/paste) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic. Please do not tick, nor untick, any pre-configured FRST categories.

Thank you.

Hello xSouthx:

It actually is pleasing to read that you are indeed concerned about your system privacy and security.  The two reports generated by Farbar's FRST, do not expose any personal information.  Nor do they reveal license keys, or your system's IP address.

If you wish, peruse the output reports to your satisfaction before posting for the Malware Removal Experts.  If you still have concerns about the output reports, please pose your question(s) here.  Users, such as yourself, utilize these exact output report pairs perhaps thousands of times per day in this and similar forums.  We only ask that you do not edit the output reports before posting.

Cheers.