Blank Pages

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Firefox said:

LOL, not new to this game.... I already tried that....

Considering you've said nothing about having tried that, you should know that in the tech field we cannot assume anything. You do want help with this issue that you're having on your end, don't you?

8 hours ago, mrdodrop said:

hey Firefox have you tried CCleaner https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

it’s may be a cache and cookie issue

Thanks for the suggestion, this did not work....

8 hours ago, Tarun said:

Considering you've said nothing about having tried that, you should know that in the tech field we cannot assume anything. You do want help with this issue that you're having on your end, don't you?

Assuming your are talking from one technician to another, you would know what's been tried.  We already know that you like to be-little the people you help... that being said, no I don't need any help from you, go find someone else to bug.

2 hours ago, Firefox said:

Thanks for the suggestion, this did not work....

you’re welcome .... have you yet to try uninstalled both IE and Firefox and then reinstalled them ? I myself i have a blank/white webpages problem with Firefox browser ! and for IE I don’t use it so much so I don’t know if I can help or not

here try this first it may help a bit :

1- go to Firefox Option > Advanced and UN-checked all 3 box as in mine !

if that not help then a clean install of both browser may solved your problem ! (if you use Firefox try to make a new test profile)

note : blank/white webpages problem in Firefox  it happen to my all time and I have no fix yet so I think it’s a bug ! however I have a temporary fix by closing the Firefox and waiting for Firefox Process to be killed (

CpWz_10315.png

Edited by mrdodrop

Another suggestion that might be stupid: go in Internet Options, under General, and click on the Settings/Tabs button under Tabs. Do you have the "Always open pop-ups in new tab" option enabled under "When a pop-up is encountered"?

you’re welcome .... have you yet to try uninstalled both IE and Firefox and then reinstalled them ? I myself i have a blank/white webpages problem with Firefox browser ! and for IE I don’t use it so much so I don’t know if I can help or not

You cannot uninstall Internet Explorer, just downgrade it, and I wouldn't suggest doing that since most of the time, you'll have a really hard time upgrading it back.

if that not help then a clean install of both browser may solved your problem ! (if you use Firefox try to make a new test profile)

Not possible to clean install Internet Explorer. Also, I think the issue is only present in Internet Explorer, not Mozilla Firefox.

Edited by Aura

2 hours ago, Aura said:

Another suggestion that might be stupid: go in Internet Options, under General, and click on the Settings/Tabs button under Tabs. Do you have the "Always open pop-ups in new tab" option enabled under "When a pop-up is encountered"?

Interesting suggestion, I checked those settings and below is what I have...

tab-settings.jpg

Also thanks for filling in to @mrdodrop on the info that IE is not really un-installable and the issue at hand is with IE.

Last night it started working on my home computer correctly, but this morning its back at it.

Thing is, its not the popup that is the issue, its that fact that it redirects the page your on (MBAM site) to the s3 amazon page where it grabs the attachment.  This happens whether you  get the popup to download it, or the notification to download it at the bottom of the browser.

I can right click an attachment and select open in new tab, it then gives me the option to open/save the attachment, and I am left with a blank page with the address bar as below in the code tags.

original link to download a log file

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=197464

after clicking on open this is the link I am left with

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forums.malwarebytes.org/monthly_2016_06/FRST.txt.3639838568aff546c563517ba8834ecf.txt?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Content-Sha256=UNSIGNED-PAYLOAD&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAJRCHF3O4GTPMYBUQ%2F20160613%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20160613T143314Z&X-Amz-Expires=1200&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B+filename%3D%22FRST.txt%22&X-Amz-Signature=60021a2946a09fc719e8a87bd96ecb0f64c617cdb29605b90935e2a1a3f7f6e3

Not sure if this helps at all, but I had zero issues as well on IE 11, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.

This sounds similar to an issue I ran across many moons ago. Run the following command from an Administrator Level Command Prompt:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll"

2 hours ago, Aura said:

It's like if the redirection doesn't complete properly, and is being intercepted by something. Did you try to reset the Internet Security Zone yet (Internet Options, Security, Internet -> Default level)?

Thanks for that thought... I just tried, get the blank page....

51 minutes ago, AlexSmith said:

Not sure if this helps at all, but I had zero issues as well on IE 11, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.

This sounds similar to an issue I ran across many moons ago. Run the following command from an Administrator Level Command Prompt:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll"

Thanks @AlexSmith, tried this, got a notification that it succeeded, closed out of IE and opened it back up, still a no go though...

13 hours ago, Firefox said:

Assuming your are talking from one technician to another, you would know what's been tried.  We already know that you like to be-little the people you help... that being said, no I don't need any help from you, go find someone else to bug.

No, you can never assume anything. You may or may not be familiar with what Jerry Belson said about assuming things. I also know that a majority of techs have sense enough to Google for the solution to problems they encounter. However, none of this excuses your poor behavior.

I'm sorry that you're having this problem but you really should be nicer to people who are responding to your request for help. You've been rude to @Porthos as well which is completely uncalled for.

I've seen this issue in Firefox before. Where a blank tab would open for any file type download. Since the issue is in IE, that is why it was suggested to go under Advanced and Reset your IE settings. However the Firefox issue was a simple fix that you can see here. Upon doing some light Google-fu, it is also said that this can be a problem with a slow network. If you're running a proxy, check the settings there and make sure everything is configured. Using a software firewall? Try removing IE and allowing a new rule to be created.

@mrdodrop - You said you're having this issue in Firefox. Have you tried clicking the Hamburger (weird that most call it this...) icon/menu, clicking on the Help question mark, going to Troubleshooting Information, and clicking Reset Firefox? This will backup your addons and such to a folder on the desktop, yet retain your bookmarks and such while giving you a clean profile to work with. I personally find it nicer to do this as opposed to simply uninstalling and reinstalling.

If you have questions on how that works, there's a nice explanation here.

Edited by Tarun

14 minutes ago, mrdodrop said:

see if this fix will work for you https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/902932

This fix is for IE 6 and 7, all those dll will not register for IE11, but I tried the ones that would work, no dice...

15 minutes ago, mrdodrop said:

Not exactly the same issue, but I have tried disabling my Symantec Endpoint Protection and no dice..

Thanks for the suggestions....

9 minutes ago, Tarun said:

that is why it was suggested to go under Advanced and Reset your IE settings.

Tried and did not work....

9 minutes ago, Tarun said:

it is also said that this can be a problem with a slow network

Work connection is 100 Mbps up and down with AT&T, home connection is 50 Mbps up and down, speed is not an issue.

12 minutes ago, Tarun said:

If you're running a proxy, check the settings there and make sure everything is configured. Using a software firewall? Try removing IE and allowing a new rule to be created.

An idea, but no proxy is being used, this is at three different locations 3 different ISP's.  Also it works correctly on other computers on the same network so can't blame the hardware firewalls.

44 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Tried and did not work....

Work connection is 100 Mbps up and down with AT&T, home connection is 50 Mbps up and down, speed is not an issue.

An idea, but no proxy is being used, this is at three different locations 3 different ISP's.  Also it works correctly on other computers on the same network so can't blame the hardware firewalls.

Have you tried it using In-Private mode with toolbars and extensions disabled? No hardware firewall, what about a software firewall (worth asking since your signature mentions Watchguard firewall)?

Also, have you tried booting into Safe Mode with Networking and seeing if the issue is reproducible there? The reason I ask about this is because it will stop any anti-virus, firewall, and pretty much any other non-Microsoft software from running which might be causing this issue.

Something has to be in common here, and I'm very interested to find out what it could be. Hope we can get this resolved for you. :)

Here is a twist... If I run right click on Internet Explorer and tell it to Run As Admin, all is well. Clicking on the attachments prompts me to open/save/cancel and no matter what option I choose it leaves me on the page where I was downloading the attachments from.

Getting closer....

Private mode -> issues exists with blank page redirect

Safe mode -> have not tired it yet

1 hour ago, Tarun said:

@mrdodrop - You said you're having this issue in Firefox. Have you tried clicking the Hamburger (weird that most call it this...) icon/menu, clicking on the Help question mark, going to Troubleshooting Information, and clicking Reset Firefox? This will backup your addons and such to a folder on the desktop, yet retain your bookmarks and such while giving you a clean profile to work with. I personally find it nicer to do this as opposed to simply uninstalling and reinstalling.

If you have questions on how that works, there's a nice explanation here.

no Hamburger for this Month, but it is for pizza ! :P:D We are in the month of Ramadan.:ph34r: and for my Firefox problem I have already tried to reset Firefox to Default settings and I just uninstall it and reinstall it and the problem still the same even with a newly formatted system ! so Probably it’s a bug in Firefox browser !

1 hour ago, Firefox said:

This fix is for IE 6 and 7, all those dll will not register for IE11, but I tried the ones that would work, no dice...

Not exactly the same issue, but I have tried disabling my Symantec Endpoint Protection and no dice..

Thanks for the suggestions....

no problem at all you’re welcome !

36 minutes ago, Tarun said:

Safe Mode with Networking and seeing if the issue is reproducible there?

Works correctly with Safe Mode....

13 minutes ago, Aura said:

Is UAC enabled or disabled? If it's enabled, what level is it set on? Default?

UAC is on, on two computers I am testing on, third computer is over 100 miles away at the moment.... It is set to Default - Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer... Currently disabled on one computer and rebooting to see what effect it has.  Will post results later after the test.

Alright. Also, since it works under Safe Mode, you could try to configure a clean boot and see if it still works. From there, enable the programs/services one by one, until the issue reappears, and you'll find the culprit. It's long, though most of the time I start by enabling a bunch of programs/services I know won't cause issues like Adobe, Google Update, iTunes, etc.

It could be UAC, it's been a while since I had to work in Safe Mode. I cannot really recall if UAC works there or not. I think it does but i could be wrong.

Something worth trying it getting an output of your startup programs.

Open a Command Prompt as an Admin and enter the following code:

wmic startup get caption,command > C:\startup.txt

That will output your startups into a text document that you can share with us with an easy copy/paste.

Also, thanks for all the information on this issue you're having.

Edited by Tarun

The filter driver for UAC is disabled by default in Safe Mode. Since disabiling UAC and running IE in an elevated state resolves the issue, then that means you have a permissions issue somewhere.

My go to tool for uncovering the root cause of a permissions or access denied problem is using ProcMon from Sysinternals to record the problem then dogging through the results for access denied errors.

Edited by AlexSmith

Some anti-virus / anti-malware software caused the permission issues just like bitdefender and reason core security (an anti-malware software) and that’s why I removed both of them lol !

since mbam + bitdefender  is killing my system I had to uninstall it !

Edited by mrdodrop
more info