Blank Pages

When clicking on the attachments on this POST I am being redirected to that amazon page to download the files and it then gives you a black page, I have to click on the back button to get back to the post after I have downloaded the attachment for review.  Three logs to download so three times I have to click on the back button.

Confirmed same thing happens when downloading other logs from other posts in the Malware Removal Area

This is happening in IE

Very annoying

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

No issues in Firefox. Why would you use IE .....Firefox. :rolleyes:

Not your issue or concern why I am using IE, the way Firefox and Opera or other browsers for this matter download files a little different.  If issue existed in other  browsers I would have mentioned it. (hence why I said its happening in IE)... I am reporting a bug... :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Aura said:

I just tested it in Internet Explorer, and I can download these logs just fine the first time I click on them. Looks like the issue might be on your end.

Not an issue on my side, Its confirmed on two different computers, two different internet providers.  Both computers Win7 x64, IE11, latest updates installed.

I know the issue you're talking about Firefox. I had it once at work, and it was caused by our network setup. Used to happen often when I was downloading files from ge.tt, and usually, downloading them in Internet Explorer was the workaround. Still no issues on my end. Porthos, did you try in IE?

Could be a geographical issue? The AWS servers you are trying to access to by downloading these logs are currently experiencing issues? Can you post a screenshot of the error message you're getting? Like I said, I'm sure I've experienced that issue before, but I would like to confirm it.

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Since you name IS Firefox I thought I was being "funny".

Good attempt.... I have been using the nickname Firefox even before Mozilla Firefox existed... I have been using it since 1975....

Anyway here is a screenshot of what happens when I click on one of the log files....

blank page.jpg

Notice the address bar changes to hxxps://s3.amazonaws.com/forums....... yada yada yada

Just to add, when downloading the mbam-clean tool from this PAGE HERE I get prompted to Run/Save/Cancel like normal and it leaves me on the page like it should.

So the link like this works correctly

http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam/

And the below link takes me to download and then a black page

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=197464

Maybe tied to attachments...

blank-page-not1.jpg

They are completely different networks.

The "download" site is;  cs276.wac.edgecastcdn.net  on  93.184.216.111 [ EDGECAST-NETBLK-03 ]

The "forums" site is;  malwarebytes.invisionmanaged.net on  54.230.36.147 ( aka; server-54-230-36-147.jfk1.r.cloudfront.net )  which is Amazon.com, Inc. [ AMAZO-ZL4 ].

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:52 PM, Aura said:

Stupid question though but, if you open Internet Explorer without add-ons, is it still doing it?

thanks for the suggestion, same result as seen below...

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:02 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

What about not logged on. As a guest can you access it and see it?

thanks for the suggestion, same result as seen below...

blank-page-noaddins.jpg

blankpage-addressbar.jpg