Help regarding email sent to me by zorpia

Earlier today I received an e-mail, supposedly sent by my brother which contained a link to a website called "Zorpia". However, being on the safe side and actually being quite paranoid regarding external links and viruses. I did a google search and found out the site was a social media website but quite dodgy.

I didn't click the link however and only read the e-mail, I would just like to clarify and ask if just clicking or reading through the e-mail would get my mobile or pc infected or did it need me to click on the link to do so? any input would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance..

Crimson

On 6/5/2016 at 9:04 PM, David H. Lipman said:

Contact your Brother.  His email account may have been compromised. 

Tell him to change his Account Password to be safe and to use a Strong Password.

Already did, and I did a research about them and they seem to be a legit site, however using very forceful tactics on getting users to register on their social media website.

as per research they don't actually access a users account however they send spam to registered users friends. 

My Question still stands though, would I have been so called "Infected" or been my account subject to sending out spams even though I just read the e-mail and not clicked on the link?

11 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

Well you haven't provided the evidence support anything more than spam so.. no.

To know more I would have to see the email with Full Header and Body.

Automatically deleted mine, but it was something like this.

(reference from google images)

ev.png

Apologies since I immediately deleted the e-mail. However they had the same content, where the e-mail contained a link as seen above "view private message" since the header/title of the e-mail contains "This Person, has left you a message! click here to see it". I hope I didn't get anything just by reading the e-mail though i think that that would be impossible since I didn't even click on the link and try to view it.