s4400.exe in autostart

Hi there,

I discovered that a program "s4400.exe" is in the autostart. My question is if this is Malware or Ransomware? I found this dubious site mentioning it, but I guess that's a fake to download the app:

http://greatis.com/blog/how-to-remove-malware/remove-s4400-exe.htm

Can you tell me anything about this s4400.exe? I have Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium and Anti Ransomware installed...

Best

Cris

Let's get a bit more manual then :) Follow the instructions below please.

sUc2qjf.pngAutoruns - Start-up Entries

Follow the instructions below to give me an Autoruns log containing your start-up entries:

• Download Autoruns.zip from the Sysinternals Suite webpage;

• Extract the content of the Autoruns.zip folder where you want, then go in the folder, right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Run as Administrator;

• Accept the EULA on opening, then wait for all the entries to load;

• Click on File then Save and save the file to a location easily accessible as a .arn (Autoruns) file;

• .zip the file (right-click on it, select Send to and Compressed file) and then attach it in your next reply;

Edited by Aura

It looks like this executable belongs to Browser-Security, from VondosMedia and is considered an Adware/PUP. Since you are infected, you should seek assistance in the Malware Removal Help section. In order to do so, you simply have to follow the instructions in the preparation guide below, and create a new thread over there while providing the logs and information that are asked.

Good luck!