Strange IP connected

Dovla

Hallo Malwarebytes.I have just one question.I follow IP address linked to Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and get Amazon.com(sometimes connected,sometimes close and wait) ?:huh: How is that possible,sorry maybe i'm wrong but program should be linked to your IP address?Right?!:unsure:

In addition to what DD said, just in case you wouldn't know, AWS (Amazon Web Services) is the biggest web service provider right now, and pretty much all companies (if not, at least 75%+) at some point uses AWS in their infracstructure. So it wouldn't surprise me if Malwarebytes was using AWS to deliver updates and such. 

If you ever see a legitimate program (like Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit) making connections to Amazon/AWS/Azure/etc. then I recommend you to ignore it, since these connections are most likely legitimate since the program could be sourcing content from servers on AWS.

I'm posting this because I see this question being asked more and more on forums, and there seems to be a lot of misconception about what AWS is. For more information, I suggest you to read the Wikipedia article on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Web_Services

Sorry for stepping in like that.