What kind of virus is this?

What kind of virus is this, I have a ''Registry Data PUP'' and I want to know if it's dangerous. Its a thing from a thing called Conduit. And its from INTERNET EXPLORER Start home page. I don't know if it's a virus. And what kind of viruses are the most dangerous? Thank you for reading, and bye! Best antivirus out there.

Hello and :welcome:, @BerryDerry:

It's hard to know for sure what's going on without a bit more data (e.g. scan logs).

However, "Conduit" is not a "virus". A computer virus is a special type of self-replicating computer malware.  Most malware these days (>95%) is actually non-viral, such as trojans, rootkits, etc.  This pinned forum topic >HERE< explains the different categories.

Having said that, Conduit is a "PUP" (see >HERE<) and it can be a bit tricky to fully remove.
So, I suggest getting a bit of free, expert help with cleanup.

To do that, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue - the helper will guide you through scanning, cleanup and repair.

Thank you,

Edited by daledoc1
add Wiki link for virus