Next tier of bad...

Hi Guys,

I back again, now into the malware removal forum after things didn't look so good on the first round. So here attached are those 3 files requested:

I am on the Anti-Malwarebytes Premium edition and have been having issues for some time now (a few months or more) where either sdk error 20023, 20025 & 20026 will appear - mind you all at different times - never more than one message at a time. This is on Windows 7 x64. The exact error message is 'Scanner Failed with Error Code: 2002x'.  Then it says 'Error: Malwarebytes was unable to load the Anti-Rootkit Driver. Error Code:2002x'.  It then asks if I want to continue to scan without looking for root-kits.  If I click Yes or No, it immediately fails and then says "SDK Scanning Error: 2002x"

I have done the MBAM-CLEAN thing and also done the reinstall of the latest Premium MBAM edition and it has never been able to overcome the 'Scanner Failed with Error Code: 2002x' message. Makes me wonder if I've got some type of rootkit thing going on. Come to think of it, I may not EVER have been able to get the Anti-Rootkit Driver loaded.

My browser IE & Firefox scrolling behaviors are jerky and delayed in their responding to my mouse movements. Hoping I can get some help, as my desire to use the internet for anything is leaving me.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

squisher

CheckResults.txt

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Hello,

I suspect your hard drive is damaged. Let's make some checks:

2eyjdoj.png Check Disk

• Press the WindowsKey.png + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type cmd and click OK.
  • Copy/Enter the command below and press Enter:
    chkdsk C: /r
  • You should get a message to schedule Check Disk at next system restart. Please type Y and press Enter.
  • All you should do now is to restart your PC and let the Check Disk process finish uninterrupted.

Check Disk report:

• Press the WindowsKey.png + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type powershell.exe and click OK.
  • Copy and paste the following command inside powershell window and press Enter:
    get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt
  • Paste the contents into your next reply.

3 hours ago, TwinHeadedEagle said:

Press Start, type CMD and then right click >> Run as Administrator.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but here are my screen prints:

When above appears, I click enter, right clicking yields no options to 'Run as Administrator', as you suggest.Then I click 'enter', which brings up below, at which point I put in the chkdsk C: /r  command and get the below response.

Apologies for my ignorance on these matters.

Thank you,

squisher

Sorry, it didn't want to let me attach my photos:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but here are my screen prints:

cmd.JPG

When above appears, I click enter, right clicking yields no options to 'Run as Administrator', as you suggest.Then I click 'enter', which brings up below, at which point I put in the chkdsk C: /r  command and get the below response.

chkdsk C.JPG

Apologies for my ignorance on these matters.

Thank you,

squisher

Yes, I did check Y to schedule on restart, which I did and it subsequently did its 'checkdisk' task for many hours. It appears as though Powershell was not responding:

Then, I tried to do the command prompt using 'Run as Adminiistrator", then this comes up when I paste in the command:

Powershell.JPG

Powershell 2.JPG

Yes, it seems you have some bad sectors:

950366204 KB total disk space.
               815063052 KB in 284673 files.
                  187288 KB in 48032 indexes.
                      52 KB in bad sectors.
                  537304 KB in use by the system.
                   65536 KB occupied by the log file.
               134578508 KB available on disk.

You have two hard drives, right? Is your operating system on bigger one?

Okay, I would like you to test your C: drive.

For this operation you'll need to obtain USB Flash drive. Please download the following tools to your Desktop:

Now we need to install hard drive test tool to your USB Flash device. Plug it into your PC and make sure to save all content from it because it will be deleted.

• Unpack ViVARD archive to your Desktop and start the Rufus tool.
  • Under Device make sure that your USB Flash drive is selected.
  • Beside Create a bootable disk using, you need to choose DD Image and next to it click on cd icon.
  • Now navigate to extracted ViVARD folder and select image.img

post-167802-0-82638500-1451778876_thumb.

• Click Start, and click OK. In few seconds the operation will be completed and you should see READY.

Next thing we need to do is to boot your USB device. 

• Restart your PC and keep pressing F12 until you are presented with Boot Menu.
  • Now you need to select your USB device by pressing the Enter button, something similar like on the image below:

post-167802-0-08520200-1451779707_thumb.

• In the next window where it shows you 3 options, just press the Enter button.
  • Now ViVARD will search for your hard drive:

Tuto%20UBCD-2013-01-26-13-18-54.jpg

• When it finds your hard drive you should see window like this. Use keyboard arrows to select your hard drive with red rectangle and press the Enter button. You should see Selected disk windows on the right.

Tuto%20UBCD-2013-01-26-13-19-07.jpg

• Again by using keyboard arrows navigate down, select Surface test with remap and press Enter

Tuto%20UBCD-2013-01-26-13-19-16.jpg

• Then you can choose to test a range of sectors on your hard disk. To fully test your hard drive, simply press 2 times the Enter button.
  • ViVARD will now test your hard drive and attempt to "repair" bad sectors. It should take couple of hours to complete.
  • Once the test is complete, the percentage (Percent) will be 100% and the line "Log file is Kept in report.txt" will be displayed in green at the top of the screen.

Tuto%20UBCD-2013-01-26-13-24-46.jpg

• You can now simply restart your computer by holding Ctrl + Alt + Delete buttons.
  • When you get back to Windows, open your USB Flash device and VIVARD folder you should see REPORT.TXT document. Please attach it into your next reply.

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!