display problem

irish

Sorry, This is the best topic title I can come up.

I guess at some stage I had a crash or something, and whatever display I had, disaappeared.

I have tried various things such as changing  to high contrast.

But there is one thing I cannot see. That is when I go to gmail, and I tick the boxes beside emails. The colour of the boxes and the colour of the ticks are the same. When i say "tick" I mean the little correction mark. The best way to explain what I mean is to add two images (the first shows how my email page looks now, and the second one is how i want it to look. Unfortunately the second is a png, and I can;t upload it. This would be how I want gmail to look. I'll just paste the link

step_1_delete_all_email_from_gmail_0.png

okay, i guess I wasn't expecting it to display here, so that makes easier.

how gmail looks with some emails ticked for deletion.jpg

Hi Irish :)

Is your main web browser Mozilla Firefox? What extensions do you have on it? Also, follow the instructions below, and see if the issue is still present after.

3DPGbxe.pngTemp File Cleaner (TFC)

• Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC) and move it to your Desktop;

• Right-click on TFC.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);

• Simply click on Start to launch the clean-up and wait until it completes;

s5yB2E8.png

• Depending on which processes are running, all your programs will be closed and explorer.exe (your Windows shell) will be killed, it will however be relaunched shortly after so do not panic;

• There's no log to give for this tool;

• 1 month later...

Hi aologies for not getting back to you sooner. today I saw this answer.

I'm not sure why I didn't see this answer before

But somehow I got everything right. But now since I updated the browser, things look the same as above.

I have tried changing the desktop background to high contast or whatever.

But it makes no difference.

In  my browser

Sorry, no I can't remember what I did.

I did run that program. It made no difference.

You asked about firefox addons. I have quite a few.

But I have even trying running the browser in safe mode.

It made no difference.

To me it's like the personalize options I use in contol panel, overrides everything else, even when i go to my browser/options/content/fonts and colours/colours, and take the tick out of "use system colours", then press f5, it makes no difference. 

I;

Brilliant. that worked.

Thank you very much.

Now of course I've lost the tabs and the extensions from the other profille.

Is There any way for me to import browser extensions and tabs i had open using my last profile into this one?

This means that the issue is at least within your Windows userprofile. It could be within the Mozilla Firefox one as well. You can try creating a new Firefox profile.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

As for the import/export question:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/back-and-restore-information-firefox-profiles

I was able to create a new profile for firefox browser. but I was looking to do it is for icedragon.

What i did was log out of the computer, then log back in with the old profile. take an image of list of tabs i had open, and another image of the extensions i had.

Then I logged back in with the new profile.

I know I will have to enter passwords again. But I have passwords saved.

For me, the problem has been resolved.

I've been at it too long today, and am happy enough with the solution you provided.

Thank you again.