sdk error 20023 & 20025

Hi Guys,

I am on the Anti-Malwarebytes Premium edition and have been having issues for some time now (a few months or more) where either sdk error 20023, 20025 & 20026 will appear - mind you all at different times - never more than one message at a time. This is on Windows 7 x64. The exact error message is 'Scanner Failed with Error Code: 2002x'.  Then it says 'Error: Malwarebytes was unable to load the Anti-Rootkit Driver. Error Code:2002x'.  It then asks if I want to continue to scan without looking for root-kits.  If I click Yes or No, it immediately fails and then says "SDK Scanning Error: 2002x"

I have done the MBAM-CLEAN thing and also done the reinstall of the latest Premium MBAM edition and it has never been able to overcome the 'Scanner Failed with Error Code: 2002x' message. Makes me wonder if I've got some type of rootkit thing going on. Come to think of it, I may not EVER have been able to get the  Anti-Rootkit Driver loaded.

My browser IE & Firefox scrolling behaviors are jerky and delayed in their responding to my mouse movements. Hoping I can get some help, as my desire to use the internet for anything is leaving me.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

squisher

Hello and :welcome::

20025 errors are normally resolved by the clean reinstall that you have already tried.  20026 errors may be indicative of a rootkit.

It's possible that you may be infected with a rootkit, or there may be another explanation for the behavior you report (such as a software conflict).

We could better assist you if you would please follow the steps here: Diagnostic Logs
Then, please ATTACH all 3 logs (FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt) to your next reply in this thread.

We'll go from there.:)

Thanks,

Hi:

There are a few things in the logs (e.g. changes to some IE settings) that might be caused by possible malware or damage therefrom.
And it looks as if you have been running some cleanup tools (e.g. AdwCleaner)?
(There are also quite a few errors from Acronis, though they may not be related to your issues.)

Since a clean reinstall did not resolve your issue, I suggest getting a bit of free, expert help taking a deeper look at the system.

To do that, please start with the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

It outlines the process for getting free help, either in the Malware Removal sub-forum or at the Help Desk via email.
If you choose the malware removal forum, please attach all 3 logs to your new post in that area.
Someone will help you as soon as possible.

Thanks