Anti-Ransomware Feedback - Bandwidth Usage

BRAM

A couple of the PC's that I've installed the Anti-Ransomware beta on are generating a great deal of Internet traffic. Anywhere from 500 MB to over 1 GB per hour. When looking in task manager, the culprit is the MBAM Service. This happened on both Windows 10 and Windows 7.

I uninstalled all Malwarebytes software from both PC's, rebooted, then reinstalled. This seems to have fixed the issue with the Windows 10 PC but the Windows 7 PC continues to generate this excessive traffic. Any ideas? If this continues, I will have to remove it from this PC but given the track record of this user, they need it the most!

I have it installed on other Windows 10 and Windows 7 PC's and have not had this issue.

Hello BRAM and :welcome:

Rather than a simple re-install of MBARW Beta6, please consider a clean install of MBARW Beta6:

1. Close all open user applications followed by a conventional Windows based uninstall of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware through the Windows system Control Panel.
2. If MBARW Beta6 was uninstalled successfully, the following sub-directories will have been deleted from a typical Windows 7 x64 system:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\
                         C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
                         C:\ProgramData\MBAMService\

3. If any of the above directories remain, please delete them manually.  If necessary, any remaining/uninstalled directory must be deleted in the Windows Safe mode.
4. Execute a conventional Windows restart to the Normal Windows boot mode and log-in through an Administrator's account. <===IMPORTANT!
5. Using an Administrator's account only, download a fresh MBARW_Setup.exe file and save to the Administrator's Desktop from the MBARW Introduction topic.
6. Right-click the saved MBARW_Setup.exe file and left-click RunAsAdmin.jpg  Run as administrator from the context menu and continue.
7. Upon a successful installation, please restart the computer in a conventional manner to the Windows Normal boot mode.

Please reply to your topic with the status of your reported issue.  Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.