MBAE prevents IE compatibility mode

Perrorist

I'm using MBAE in Windows 8.1. When I use IE, all versions, to access a site that won't run in IE11, even with Compatibility Mode set, the site won't display properly. All software is up to date. If I stop the MBAE process, I have no problems.

How do I get MBAE to work with Compatibility Mode?

Thanks, Pedro. I hadn't realised there were logs. Looking at them, I noticed that MBAE had blocked VB scripting. I discovered the setting in Advanced Settings and turned it off. I then tried the website and sure enough that proved to be the cause. I've been running MBAE on default settings and didn't know about this. I'll revert to the default, as I'm not likely to visit that site again for a while.

Edited by Perrorist
Advanced Settings, not Options.

• Staff

Thanks for confirming!

Yeah there's still many websites that rely on VBScripting which was deprecated by Microsoft some time ago due to the security holes it opens up. In fact many Exploit Kits are still abusing VBScripting, so it's a good idea to keep that technique enabled in MBAE.