Steam

So I was viewing some news through the Steam client for a game and then I got a pop-up from Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware over the center of the Steam window saying that Steam.exe was ransomware. I didn't think to take a screenshot and I actually can't remember what option I picked in the pop-up but Steam never quit and it's not in quarantine. Should I be worried? I doubt I have ransomware as I don't download or browse anything dodgy enough to get that sort of thing.

Hello JavaNocKziK and :welcome:

Please carefully read the locked and pinned topic in this sub-forum, How to report a False Positive and for developer analysis, kindly attach the 3 requested .zip archives to your next reply in this thread.

If an exclusion has not already been entered, a temporary exclusion entry might then be made available to prevent a re-occurrence for your individual system.  Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your feedback.

Reference: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/32672460eddd46550955508343904705d8f26e10f713e3cacdc84689567a9ecf/analysis/1464005445/ Signed

Hello JavaNocKziK:

Available data strongly suggests a false positive and, if it has not already been done, you may wish to make a full pathname file entry in MBARW GUI Dashboard -> Exclusions for Steam.exe.

At any time, a MBARW development team member, QA team member or Staffer may request the above temporary exclusion be altered/removed.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valuable feedback.