FP during uninstall of Razer Synapse

Thorsten

While uninstalling Razer Synapse version 1.18.something, MBARW came up with a window warning that a Windows installer TMP file had been quarantined. The system became sluggish after that, slow to respond to mouse and keyboard input. After dismissing the warning window and waiting for a while for the system to respond again, MBARW was no longer running, and when restarting it, the quarantine window is empty.

Logs attached. I didn't take a screenshot of the file MBARW tried to quarantine, so I don't know where to find it. If the logs give a clue, I can go look for that file.

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

mbamlogs.zip

• Staff

Hi Thorsten. It looks like a remediation did not take place on the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI8D71.tmp

If that file still exists, we'd appreciate you sending it to us.

If MBARW interfered with the uninstall and it was unable to complete successfully, my suggestion would be to temporarily disable MBARW and try again.

Thanks for your report and participation!