Win XP Computer Won't Boot After MBAR Driver Warning

Hello and thanks in advance for the help. I have been running MBAM with the anti-rootkit option for over a year with no problems. I just booted up after a power outage and got an error message saying that the anti-rootkit driver could not be loaded, possibly due to root kit activity. I clicked the box to restart and attempt to load the driver. Now my computer only boots to a blank screen. I tried F8 for safe mode, as well as the Win XP install CD with no luck. What else can I try? Thanks. 

-Jimmy 

Hello and :welcome:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button. button.

x5o4gh.png

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.

• The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Can you load Windows XP recovery console?

To start the Recovery Console directly from the Windows XP CD you would do the following:

1. Insert the Windows XP cd in your computer.

2. Restart your computer so you are booting off of the CD.

3. When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press the R button on your keyboard to start the Recovery Console.

4. The Recovery Console will start and ask you which Windows installation you would like to log on to. If you have multiple Windows installations, it will list each one, and you would enter the number associated with the installation you would like to work on and press enter. If you have just one Windows installation, type 1 and press enter.

5. It will then prompt you for the Administrator's password. If there is no password, simply press enter. Otherwise type in the password and then press enter. If you do not know your password then see this.

6. If you entered the correct password you will now be presented with a C:\Windows> prompt and you can start using the Recovery Console.

Thanks again. No, I can't load Recovery Console. I have tried a Win XP DVD as well as the recovery disk provided by Dell and still just get a black screen. My monitor's power light comes on, then back off, back and forth. I tried unplugging the hard drive to see if it let me boot from DVD with no luck. When I reconnected the hdd, I got long beeps in the pattern 1-3-2. This code is memory related so I reseated the memory. Still got the beeps. Unplugged power, held down power button 15 sec, removed mobo battery, waited 15 min, restarted, and got different beeps (2 short beeps). Gave up for the night. Any ideas?Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...