Does Mcafee livesafe work with MBAM?

Hi all, two questions:

1.) does Mcafee LiveSafe work well with MBAM Premium? As I read Livesafe is not just an AV but Anti-malware, firewall, cleaner etc too. So just want to make sure LiveSafe and MBAM don't clash with each other.

2.) in your opinion(s) what is the best AV to run alongside MBAM? I have Mcafee Livesafe until July as a free subscription with my PC, but plan to change then as I heard Mcafee is not any good. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hi:

38 minutes ago, NUFC20 said:

Hi all, two questions:

1.) does Mcafee LiveSafe work well with MBAM Premium? As I read Livesafe is not just an AV but Anti-malware, firewall, cleaner etc too. So just want to make sure LiveSafe and MBAM don't clash with each other.

Each computer is unique.  So we cannot predict with 100% certainty whether the 2 programs will work well on YOUR particular system.  But we do not see (m)any reports of issues. If you run into a snag, please feel free to post here in the forum and someone will be happy to assist you with sorting it out.

39 minutes ago, NUFC20 said:

2.) in your opinion(s) what is the best AV to run alongside MBAM? I have Mcafee Livesafe until July as a free subscription with my PC, but plan to change then as I heard Mcafee is not any good. Any suggestions?

You ask a common question with no "right" or "best" answer.:)

As this board is owned and operated by Malwarebytes corporation, we generally avoid promoting or bashing any particular AV product.
MBAM PREMIUM and MBAE PREMIUM are a fine place to start.
But you will still need a robust AV.

As far as the AV, there is no one "best" option to suit every computer, user and budget.
There are many fine options, all of which should be fine alongside MBAM and MBAE.
Also, see here: http://www.bleepingc...y-suite-for-me/

Here are a few: List of well-known antivirus products
There are many other computer fora with in-depth, passionate discussions of the topic, and many older threads here at this forum, too.

Having said that, no one security program can protect 100% of users from 100% of malware 100% of the time.
The most important security component is the computer part between the chair and keyboard. ;)

Here are a few links with helpful information:

The complexity of finding, preventing, and cleanup from malware
So how did I get infected in the first place?
How did I get infected?
Answers to common security questions - Best Practices
List of well known antivirus products
Six tips to help you stay safer online

Also: regarding the "Free" AVs, you might find this post from a MS MVP interesting or helpful: http://www.bleepingc...s/#entry3781476

Cheers,