Firefox Crashes when opening any file from downloads

Hi there dev,

Its not a new problem,,,since 3 previous versions mbae cannot let me open firefox downloaded files (used to fix this by CLEAN reinstalling mbae )

Every time i open or open folder from firefox downloads firefox crashes with the error "an exploit code was blocked" memory heap protection or something (included logs below virustotal link Virustotal scan reportI  tried to do the same on firefox safemode issue persisted(firefox40-46) . Also tried folder open command from firefox CLI (Shift+F2)   got the same error...using avast ,mbae,mbam free,mbarw beta (issue was occuring even before the days of mbarw beta)

Any way to fix this????(FRST Scan included) This is becoming a royal pain :( Thanks in advanced

1Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.zip

FRST.txt

• Staff

Welcome to the forum. Try closing all of the following applications, in addition to Firefox, and then opening Firefox and trying again:

(The Within Network, LLC) C:\Windows\unsignedthemes.exe
(Károly Pados) C:\Program Files (x86)\TinyWall\TinyWall.exe
() F:\PortableApps\EverythingPortable\App\Everything64\Everything.exe
(Károly Pados) C:\Program Files (x86)\TinyWall\TinyWall.exe
(Bitsum LLC) C:\Program Files\Process Lasso\ProcessGovernor.exe
(RaMMicHaeL) F:\Installed Softwares\7+ Taskbar Tweaker\bin\64\7+ Taskbar Tweaker.ex2
() C:\Users\ffff\Downloads\Video\Compressed\acv5.07\ArsClip.exe
() C:\Users\ffff\Downloads\Compressed\CoreTemp32\Core Temp.exe
(Dexpot GbR) F:\Installed Softwares\dexpot_1614_portable_r2439\dexpot.exe
(Dexpot GbR) F:\Installed Softwares\dexpot_1614_portable_r2439\Dexpot64.exe
(Dexpot GbR) F:\Installed Softwares\dexpot_1614_portable_r2439\plugins\DexControl.exe
(Flux Software LLC) C:\Users\ffff\AppData\Local\FluxSoftware\Flux\flux.exe
() F:\PortableApps\EverythingPortable\App\Everything64\Everything.exe
(Irfan Skiljan) F:\PortableApps\IrfanView\i_view64.exe
() F:\Installed Softwares\ClickOff\Clickoff.exe
() F:\PortableApps\KchmViewerPortable\App\KchmViewer\kchmviewer.exe
(Kerkia) F:\Installed Softwares\Minimem2.1\minimem.exe
(Nenad Hrg (SoftwareOK.com)) C:\Users\ffff\Downloads\Video\Compressed\GetWindowText_x64\GetWindowText_x64.exe

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the fast reply.....awesome response time there dev :D

Sorry for the late reply....:(

Yes tried that.......terminated all of those above..turned of avast....but issue persisted( reminder: this issue occurs randomly(but one pattern i did detect is that it starts after u have downloaded about 5 or 6 files off the internet) and of course for this error to occur u need to have at least one downloaded files in firefox downloads library as the error occurs while trying to open the directory file is saved which u can by right clicking downloads open containing folder.....anyways went to mbae advanced settings and turned off "Malicious Return Address detection" from advanced memory protection {note; this is the first time i touched advanced settings......but fortunately among the 13 check boxes checked by default for Browsers category(which includes firefox) i guessed the right one}....turned off protection and turned on again...guess what when i opened folders by right clicking downloads>open containing folder the error didnt occur and downoads folder[%userprofile%/Downloads] opened without any glitch......then turned on  "Malicious Return Address detection" from advanced memory protection ...........turned off mbae protection  and turned on again .......tried opening folder.....and error popped up.......So  its confirmed that "Malicious Return Address detection"  is the culprit here..but thats a key feature of firefox that i want enabled......any more logs i need to give.....any way i can give more(e.g create dumpfiles of mbae....etc) Pls reply soon.......

• 7 months later...
  • Staff

Hello Richard,

Just to confirm something, can you try either disabling or un-installing hitmanpro.alert as test of this confilct? They have some  ransomware/anti-exploit technologies and we just want to make sure it is not causing this conflict you are seeing. We are currently looking at the logs and testing this as well, but want to confirm on your side as well. 

• Staff

Hello Richard,

I understand, they just want to make sure it is not causing anything as well. Better to be safe and make sure we are troubleshooting the issue completely and not another conflict at the same time. Do you mind collecting those verbose logs I sent you in the PM 1 more time with hitman removed? The development team wants to see them as a comparison to the last logs you gathered. 

23 hours ago, Rsullinger said:

I understand, they just want to make sure it is not causing anything as well. Better to be safe and make sure we are troubleshooting the issue completely and not another conflict at the same time.. 

I apologize for the tone of my comment which was inappropriate...English is not my native language... 

Do you mind collecting those verbose logs I sent you in the PM 1 more time with hitman removed? The development team wants to see them as a comparison to the last logs you gathered.

Not at all...expect logs within few hours.....

Best Regards