New MBAE Installation showing old Licence id

rob47

Hello all,

I purchased and installed MBAE today, having uninstalled previous installation. D/loaded and installed the new program which started automatically - i.e. without needing to be activated .

I assume that the Licence id which appears in the About tab, being different to the one in the purchase email containing the licence key, must relate to the previous installation, even though, as I say, I had uninstalled the previous installation.

What else do I need to uninstall from my PC (OS Windows 10), apart from the program itself, so that I can do a completely new, clean install of MBAE?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hello and welcome back:

Just to clarify, as you have posted in the MBAM support section: the issue you report now relates to Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE), correct?
The reason for asking is that MBAM and MBAE are different applications, and the "clean reinstall" steps differ for the two programs.

If, as I assume, you refer to MBAE, then there are some "cleanup" steps posted here: MBAE fresh re-install steps
Please let us know if that resolves your issue.

{For future reference, upgrading MBAE from Free to Premium requires only activation with a license key; one normally does not need to uninstall and reinstall.}

>>On the other hand, if you are having problems with your MBAM license, please let us know, and we'll provide the steps to resolve those, instead.

Thanks,

P.S. The forum mod team might move this thread to the MBAE support area. No worries, though.;)