Probable False Positive: Secureit

GWT4

I installed the program SecureIt,exe to encrypt specific folders, then shred the originals. It made it through the encryption, but MWBAR stopped the shredding.

In researching this, plus scanning with MWBAW and Norton, I think this is likely a false positive.

Also, in my installation of Windows 10, there is NO Program Data folder on drive C:. Thus, I sent you everything I could that might be appropriate.Sorry not to be able to follow instructions. There was a Program Data file on Windows 7, but I can't find one in Win10.:(

Please don't hesitate to laugh at my inability to comply, then tell me what else to send!

GWT4

secureit false Positive report.zip

mbarw.zip

Hello GWT4 and :welcome:

I have included a customized procedure for folks that experience difficulties with Microsoft Windows hidden files and directories:

Where revealing hidden directories is undesired, the following procedure will permit access to folders and files that are in their system's default "hidden" state:

1. Hold down the Windows Key WindowsKey.png + Press "R".  If successful, a Run window will open.
  2. Type, or Copy and Paste, the following in the Open: textbox: "%ProgramData%\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware" (Please include both quote characters).
  3. If the last step was successful, an explorer window will be seen containing files.  Please highlight all files in this directory by typing Ctrl + A.
  4. With all files selected, right-click any file and click "Send to" >> "Compressed (zipped) folder".  The .zip file should be sent to the desktop.
  5. If successful, a new zip file will have been created on the desktop.  Please rename this file MBARWFILES.
  6. Repeat step #1.
  7. Type, or Copy and Paste, the following in the Open: textbox: "%ProgramData%\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs" (Please include both quote characters).
  8. If the last step was successful, an explorer window will be seen containing files.  Please highlight all files in this directory by typing Ctrl + A.
  9. With all files selected, right-click any file and click "Send to" >> "Compressed (zipped) folder".  The .zip file should be sent to the desktop.
  10. If successful, a new zip file will have been created on the desktop.  Please rename this file Logs.
  11. Please attach the MBARWFILES.zip and Logs.zip archives to this thread with your next reply.
  12. Upon verification that the archives in question have successfully appeared in your forum topic, the MBARWFILES.zip and Logs.zip archives may be deleted from your system.

Thank you for participating in the beta testing of MBARW and your valued feedback.

Reference: How to show/hide protected files, folders and drives: Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives - Show in Windows 10

Edited by 1PW

Wow! do I feel stupid! I didn't hit me that it is a hidden file, since I usually set the ontrol panel to show hidden files. This is my laptop, and it never hit me that I had not done so here. Win10 has enough stuff moved that I just assumed that that was another difference. Here are the files I think you want.

Sorry to be so much trouble.

GWT4

mbarwind-crash.zip

• Staff

Hi GWT4.

Thanks for your report. This file should no longer be detected. If you've added secureit.exe to the exclusions in Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware BETA, please do remove from exclusions and let us know if the issue returns. It should not.

Thank you for your participation!