Possible Conflict with Norton

Gamerear21

I'll start by mentioning the antivirus i use is Norton Security Suite that has its own built in firewall and this antivirus comes free with my ISP comcast. I also use MBAM free.

So yesterday I installed MBAE free without trial on my laptop. Everything worked fine after the install but when i restarted the computer and got to the desktop I noticed my antivirus and its firewall wasnt running until about 3 minutes later when everything started working again on its own.

I know its not a virus/malware issue because i scan my computer weekly with MBAM and Norton in window mode and safe mode just to be sure. Also this didnt happen until i installed MBAE. Everything is working now and I havent noticed it happening again yet.

If it helps my laptop is running windows 7 64 bit

• Staff

It might have taken Norton a little time to "get to know MBAE" from a behavior perspective. Since MBAE injects into the applications your run to protect them, Norton's behavior scanner might take these actions as suspicious and keep a watch until it checks out. Try rebooting to see if the problem persists.