possible infection--not sure

I recently had to reinstall Win 7 on my somewhat old (2009) laptop from the original install disks, so that was an old version of Win 7 and it had a lot of updating to do over the past week. I've been using the computer during this time, and having a lot of problems I didn't have before--freezing, BSOD, failure of my VPN, and other problems. I wanted to check if I have an infection.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Hello and :welcome:

Let's make some checks:

[IMG] Check Disk

• Press the [IMG] + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type cmd and click OK.
  • Copy/Enter the command below and press Enter:
  • Code:
    chkdsk C: /r
  • You should get a message to schedule Check Disk at next system restart. Please type Y and press Enter.
  • All you should do now is to restart your PC and let the Check Disk process finish uninterrupted.

Check Disk report:

• Press the [IMG] + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type eventvwr and click OK.
  • In the left panel, expand Windows Logs and then click on Application.
  • Now, on the right side, click on Filter Current Log.
  • Under Event Sources, check only Wininit and click OK.
  • Now you'll be presented with one or multiple Wininit logs.
  • Click on an entry corresponding to the date and time of the disk check.
  • On the top main menu, click Action > Copy > Copy Details as Text.
  • Paste the contents into your next reply.

Download WhoCrashed from here:
http://www.resplendence.com/download/whocrashedSetup.exe

This program will try to verify the analysis, which is the cause of driver error.
Note: This program requires installation.

Double-click to start the installation, and click Next . 

• Check I accept the agreement and then the Next .
    The program install to that location, and under that name by the program you offer.
  • Click Next and in the next window, click Next
  • Check Create a Desktop Icon and then click Next and then Install .

After you've installed WhoCrashed program, run it.

Note: If you get message that it look like this:

[IMG]

Click Download the requested file from the Microsoft site now and wait for the process to
    download additional files and installation is complete.

>> When the program starts, click Analyze .
    When scanning is done,click OK . 
  • Right-click on the area of the page with the report and select Select All, .
  • Right-click on the area of the page with the report and select copy
  • Open a new Notepad and select past to copy the contents of the logo in the notepad.

Now you can close the program.

Please attach here notepad with that logreport.

Okay, attached. By the way, I tried to un install all p2p software before first posting here, but it seems that one p2p program is missing an icon in the Programs and Features window, yet still shows some signs of being on the computer, so I am not sure if it is fully uninstalled. If you determine it's still installed then I will get some help from another forum to fully uninstall it.

chkdsk.txt

crash.txt

I checked just now and the temperature is fine. There was one incident in which the laptop was in a case, and unbeknownst to me, it woke up and run for about an hour. It was very hot when I took it out of the case. But that was not the time it crashed. The other times it crashed, everything was normal as far as how the computer was set up, and it should have had good airflow. 

To recap, these issues started when I reinstalled Win 7 from 2009 install disks, during the first 1.5 weeks in which it spent nearly all its time doing updates. Since it got current on updates about a week ago, it hasn't crashed. So maybe there was a driver incompatibility that was resolved with a recent update? What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!