MAR doesn't start alone

Hi there,

My Anti-Ramsonware stopped autostarting with windows. Each time I start the OS, I have to open it manually. Is there some way to fix this? Sometimes I forget to do it, and this is a high risk. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hello Monka,

This happened to me the first time I installed the program. I uninstalled it with Revo Uninstall but there are others out there that, when you uninstall, will take away all traces from Anti-Ransomeware and leave your PC clean. Then reinstall and things should be fine.

Hope this helps

Hello Monka:

Please create the following zipped archives for MBARW developer team analysis:

Create a .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valuable feedback.

On 5/5/2016 at 8:26 AM, 1PW said:

Hello Monka:

Please create the following zipped archives for MBARW developer team analysis:

Create a .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valuable feedback.

Hi Spam Hunters,

Thank you for the reply, here are the files you requested.

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

MBAMService.zip

Hi there,

Thanks guys for your recommendation of reinstall it. I have done that 2 times before, and it works for a while, but the issue happens again. Before was because I could not start it, now because it starts, but I have to do it manually as the program doesn't do it automatically.

Hello Monka:

Rather than a simple re-install of MBARW Beta6, please consider a clean re-install of MBARW Beta6:

1. Close all open user applications followed by a conventional Windows based uninstall of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware through the Windows system Control Panel.
2. If MBARW Beta6 was uninstalled successfully, the following sub-directories will have been deleted from a typical Windows 10 x64 system:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\
                         C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
                         C:\ProgramData\MBAMService\

3. If any of the above directories remain, please delete them manually.  If necessary, any remaining/uninstalled directory must be deleted in the Windows Safe mode.
4. Execute a conventional Windows restart to the Normal Windows boot mode and log-in through an Administrator's account. <===IMPORTANT!
5. Using an Administrator's account only, download a fresh MBARW_Setup.exe file and save to the Administrator's Desktop from the MBARW Introduction topic.
6. Right-click the saved MBARW_Setup.exe file and left-click RunAsAdmin.jpg  Run as administrator from the context menu and continue.
7. Upon a successful installation, please restart the computer in a conventional manner to the Windows Normal boot mode.

Please reply to your topic with the status of your reported issue.  Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.

Sorry for the delay, and thank you for the instructions. I followed them by the word, and I am sorry to say that this also didn't work. The program started for first time after the installation ended. I restarted the computer, and it didn't came out automatically.

Hello Monka:

It is likely that unidentified obstacles are being encountered as MBARW Beta is being directed to begin during an operating system start.  Malware is not currently suspected although I am going to ask you to pay a visit to the Malware Removal Help sub-forum:

I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also attach (not copy/paste) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic. Please do not tick, nor untick, any pre-configured FRST categories.

Thank you.