Regedit, services.msc, device manager etc reverted back to english after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi fellas,

So about 3 months ago I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and now some system components reverted back to the english (was hebrew before).

Windows 7 was originally english, and on top of that I installed a language pack.

After the upgrade process I didn't do anything and Windows 10 was in hebrew, but not all of it (e.g. the entire window of regedit is in english, same for some elements in services.msc, devmgmt.msc ["Display adapters" and others]).

Screenshot of what I mean by "some elements", in devmgmt.msc, is attached.

I'm guessing this is because some mui (or others) files are missing in C:\Windows\System32\he-IL, but I can't think of a proper way to recreate (if that's even possible).

I have no other Windows 10 machines (and no any other machines really lol) to transfer missing files, if any.

I'm running sfc /scannow to see if that makes a difference but I doubt it will.

Happy to hear some thoughts.

Thank you.

devmgmt.png

3 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

:welcome:

I only have just a couple of tips.  Look on the Taskbar by the system clock.  Do you see the ENG shown there?

If so, click on it and check out the choices.

Otherwise, go into Settings and then select "Language preferences".

Cheers.

Yeah, that's the first thing I checked.

Hebrew is already the display language of Windows.

Nothing else interesting there =\

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out, Windows 10 lacks full hebrew support (strange as Windows 7 was perfect from this perspective).

Somehow I got a PC with a fresh-installed hebrew version of Windows 10 and it has the same issues mentioned in the first post.

Thread can be closed here.