MBAM and Avira

I am having problems running Avira Antivir and MBAM Pro concurrently.

When both are in enabled, the scheduler in Avira don't work properly. Avira does not complete system/process scans. It freezes during scan

I have added the requested MBAM files to the exception list in Avira, but still same problem.

But, l when l disabled MBAM, Avira works fine.

Please any idea on what to do

• Root Admin

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

Then test out Avira and see if you're still having the same issue or not. Are you running version 8 or 9 of Avira?

I am using Avira 9.

The instructions provided helped in removing all traces of MBAM from my PC.

I did the install again, and added the exception MBAM files to the exception rules in Avira. The system froze during scan.

I rebooted the PC, removed exception rules and did another scan and it was successful.

The only caveat is that, l have 3 user profiles on the PC. When l do regular log of, and log in as another user, the PC freezes, when it is loading the other user's profile. As a work around, l do reboot, and the PC seems to be working OK.

• Root Admin

I'm at a loss really as to why Avira would freeze by simply having MBAM installed. I know there is a potential to freeze if you're using the MBAM Protection Module or doing a scan with MBAM that it could freeze, but have never heard of anyone say that the Anti-Virus froze by simply having MBAM installed.

Are you using he paid version of MBAM ? If so, does the PC freeze if you do not enable the Protection Module?

• 6 months later...

I am having a similar problem, not sure if it's anything to do with Avira which i have installed.

Ever since MBAM version 1.43 during a quick or full scan it freezes after a few seconds whilst it is scanning Windows/system32 and I have to manually stop mbam.exe.

The same happens with the latest 1.44 version, though if I uninstall, then install and run MBAM 1.42 it runs a complete scan no problem.

Any suggestions ?

Win XP home SP2, and using the free Avira.

Oddly enough it happens on the same PC with a different hard drive loaded with XP Pro SP3, again with Avira free and Comodo firewall, though disabling both of these makes no difference.

Maybe the latest MBAM doesn't like some of my hardware or drivers.