Malwarebytes hung up on "Searching For Updates"

Last night I opened Malwarebytes and I clicked on "Update" but it just kept searching for updates and it never resolved. The icon went around and around for over 15 minutes before I stopped it. I couldn't run a scan because it always has to search for updates before it can run.

I uninstalled and reninstalled 3 or 4 times (even trying some old versions I had) and I ran the Malwarebytes Clean Tool but nothing is working. I also tried turning off Avast protection but still no luck! The update function works fine on my laptop so I know that it's not the server. All of the other anti-malware on my desktop PC run and update normally. I've never had this problem or any other problem with Malwarebytes before and I'm totally bummed because it's a good product and I would like to keep using it if possible.

Any ideas??

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes.

Sorry to hear your having issues with updating Malwarebytes on one computer. Lets get some logs to see if we can tell what may be happening? Do you get any errors when trying to update?

Please read the following and in your next reply ATTACH the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs
(the three files should be CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

Thank You,

Firefox

I clicked on update and watched the icon spin for about five minutes and then I went to take a shower. After about an hour and a half I came back down and low and behold it had updated to v2016.04.26.04. I don't know how long it took to finally update but I will now run those diagnostics and investigate further. Thanks!

Do you have any idea why it might take so long on this particular PC?