Malwarebytes not loading with Windows 10

I have just ungraded to Windows 10 and Anti-Malware Premium is failing to load automatically on start-up. I have followed all the steps listed elsewhere in this forum - removing completely and reinstalling (3 times).  I'm also running MBAM on a windows 7 laptop and the notiable differences are on the Windows 10 PC I cannot find the anti-exploit folder in the program files and neither MBAM or the Anti-exploit appear in the start-up system config screen and under the start up services tab the scheduler and service options are stopped.

9 minutes ago, MarcQ said:

I have just ungraded to Windows 10 and Anti-Malware Premium is failing to load automatically on start-up. I have followed all the steps listed elsewhere in this forum - removing completely and reinstalling (3 times).  I'm also running MBAM on a windows 7 laptop and the notiable differences are on the Windows 10 PC I cannot find the anti-exploit folder in the program files and neither MBAM or the Anti-exploit appear in the start-up system config screen and under the start up services tab the scheduler and service options are stopped.

Hello and welcome, @MarcQ:

Are you referring to MBAM (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) or to MBAE (Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit), or to both programs?

We will be able to better assist you if we know if it's MBAM, MBAE or both, as the troubleshooting process differs for the 2 applications.:)

Thanks,

:welcome:   MarcQ.

As noted by Daledoc1, let us address 1 program at a time.   There is a number of ways to start to the Malwarebytes Anti_Malware program on Windows 10  ( much like, matter of fact the other Windows versions).   This all presumes that the program is currently installed.  You just need to start the program then once started, dig thru the Settings in the program.

This is a few ways of how you can find the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on your Windows system.
First, just to have a real clear view all around, close any & all opened program-windows.
That way there is a clear view to the Desktop.

*1st way* -  click the Windows Start flag on the start menu.   Click ALL Apps.   Scroll down thru the section *M*
Look for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

*2nd way*  -
Press and hold the Windows-key on Keyboard & tap the R key to get the RUN program option   { or press Windows-key + *R*-key }
then type in

mbam.exe

*3rd way*
One way - there should be a blue-icon on the Taskbar for Malwarebytes.  If there is not, look for the single ( chevron) up-arrow by the system clock.  Click it .
Does it show the blue MBAM icon ?

<

*4th way^ - there should be a blue-color Malwarebytes MBAM icon on the Desktop ?   do you see that ?
If yes, do a RIGHT-click on it and select Run as Administrator.

<

Note: I am a bit concerned when I see your note << removing completely and reinstalling (3 times) >>

I would have stopped after the first attempt.   If you still cannot start the program, please provide these diagnostic reports.

Please read the following and in your next reply ATTACH the 3 requested report files - Diagnostic Logs
(the three files should be CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

Please always attach reports.   Thank you.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Thanks both for the welcome.

Firstly, Daledoc - I licence MBAM Primum and just assumed (as it appears on my Win 7 laptop) that MB Anti-Exploit was part of the bundle. So to be clear MBAM is the only app running on the Win 10 PC.

Secondly Maurice, thanks for the nav tips - I've managed to start the programme manually in this way. 

Since posting, I've managed to get MBAM to start at boot stage by including a short-cut to the .exe within the roaming apps start-up folder. It's a work-around but not sure if this is the long term answer - please advise. 

I will run the reports as post later.

Thanks

Hi:

MBAM (Free and Premium) and MBAE (Free and Premium) are actually two separate programs with separate licensing. 
They are not "bundled", but licenses for the two programs can be purchased at the same transaction; there are occasional marketing promos to discount the combination.

MBAE Free protects browsers and plug-ins. 
MBAE Premium requires its own license, but it can be configured to shield ~any internet-facing application.

I have just taken delivery of a new Win10 PC, but have not yet had a chance to fire it up, let alone to play with MBAM/MBAE. So, I'll let @Maurice Naggar assist you further.:)

Cheers,

Hi MarcQ:

Did you activate the License Keys into the program ?  Doing the activation process would have been needed after  a new install so the the Premium features are turned on.

How to activate

Then as a check and review, you just need to take another look at your settings.   Start the program.  Click Settings.  Click Advanced Settings.

Then under Advanced Settings.   Be sure the top 3 lines have a check-mark.

Note: You did not need to put any sort of startup shortcut.  Please un-do that.

mbam-adv-start.png

Thanks for the feedback - Maurice I have completed the activation process and certainly under advanced settings all boxes are ticked as highlighted in your post. As mentioned in my response I have got MBAM to start at boot by including a short cut within the user start-up. Do you think this will suffice or will it compromise the application in some way?