black screen after malware deletion

43 minutes ago, djdiamante said:

hello,

after using malwarebytes, it prompted me to restart my laptop. after turning it on, it only shows a black screen and a small window on the lower left side. my laptop runs on a windows 7 OS. please help me fix this problem. thank you

Hi:

Can you boot into Windows Safe Mode?

If so, you might try restoring the system to a Restore Point prior to running the scan.

If that does not work or does not resolve the issue, then deeper work will likely be needed.
I suggest that you might want to head over to the malware removal section for one-on-one, free help, after reading this pinned topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers
You may not be able to provide the requested diagnostic logs at this time, but the topic explains how the malware removal assistance process works.
The trained helpers will assist you with cleanup and repair.

Thank you,

Edited by daledoc1
punctuation

Just to add to the advice above...

If you are able to boot to safe mode, can you perhaps upload a copy of your scan log (in text format) so that we can see what was removed, this would help in finding out what may have happened.

I have found out that sometimes when you boot to safe mode, and then reboot the computer sometimes it will boot normally in normal mode (although not always the case).

1 minute ago, Firefox said:

Just to add to the advice above...

If you are able to boot to safe mode, can you perhaps upload a copy of your scan log (in text format) so that we can see what was removed, this would help in finding out what may have happened.

I have found out that sometimes when you boot to safe mode, and then reboot the computer sometimes it will boot normally in normal mode (although not always the case).

Excellent advice.

Thanks, @Firefox.