Unable to update MAB DB and microsoft essentials definitions

Whenever I try to update MAB db it just won't work

mab_outdated.png

Same goes for microsoft essentials definitions:

Microsoft_Security_Essentials.png

Some other things I've noticed are:

• I have Prt Scr which is a utility program for taking screen shots, it hooks to your Prt Scr key and whenever you click it, it takes you to edit mode to edit the taken picture, it doesn't work anymore so I'm worried malware removed other programs hooks
  • I get in websites such as npmjs.org or github.com alot of err connection lately and I need to refresh the page
  • I have windows 7 updates which are new definitions for microsoft essentials but as I explained above whenever I click Update definitions it tries and stop after few seconds

Hello and Welcome...

Lets see if we can tell what may be going on, but in order to do that we will need to gather a little bit of info on your system.

We would need more info on the system....

Please read the following and in your next reply ATTACH the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs
(the three files should be CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

Thank You,

Firefox

On 4/19/2016 at 0:09 AM, Firefox said:

Are you getting an error when updating MBAM as your image and logs shows you have DB 2016.04.19.07 which is currently the latest version?

I'm not getting any error its just that both MBAM and microsoft essentials says my DB/definitions is not up to date and I should update them, and when I click update it tries to updated but just stop after couple of seconds

On 4/19/2016 at 0:13 AM, Firefox said:

Another thing to check is the date and time on your computer as it appears to be off...

From your logs: Ran by Roy (administrator) on ROY-PC (04-06-2016 23:43:50)

I don't see what's wrong with my date ? maybe you're confusing because Im in a different timezone ?

• Root Admin

Please try resetting your Date/Time based on an Atomic Clock

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/synchronise-computer-time-internet-custom-schedule-windows-7/

If that does not work or seems difficult there is a free utility that can do it for you.

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

3 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

April 6 or June 4 are not correct.

My bad I got confused about what day it is, synced my clock, MBAM is now updated correctly, still having problem with microsoft essentials updating, as well as the connection error timed out problem described above, have you seen anything suspicious in the logs ? what else can we do to check

11 minutes ago, Firefox said:

After changing your date and time, reboot the computer and try to update once again.. let us know how that goes.

Seems to solve it for now, weird because I never change my date and time in my PC.. I'll report what happens as to the other problems as I encounter them

30 minutes ago, KamiTet said:

Seems to solve it for now, weird because I never change my date and time in my PC.. I'll report what happens as to the other problems as I encounter them

Its quite possible this happened if your CMOS battery is dead. Here is a way to check it. Power off the computer, and unplug it from the outlet. Let it sit for a few hours. Then plug it back in, power it up, and see if you get an error about CMOS battery, or let it boot to windows and check the date and time once again.  If the date and time are off once again, then it may be time to replace that battery.

Note: Thanks to @David H. Lipman for the suggestion...