Davicius

False positive with Microsoft Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Anti Ransomware has blocked the Microsoft Windows 10 Photo Viewer App. I cannot open Pictures with the app anymore. It is also not possible to restore the files from quarantine (See screenshot below). I am running Windows 10 x64 Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586

screenshot.jpg

logs.zip

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

Hello Davicius and :welcome:

If the following executable is still present, please create a .zip archive and attach it to your next reply.  If the executable is quarantined, please attempt to restore from quarantine.

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_16.325.12390.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Photos.exe

If after a system restart the executable is not available, please advise.  Thank you for your participation in the MBARW Beta testing program.

Edited by 1PW

Thanks for your advise. But I am not able to restore the files from quarantine. It says "The restore operation could not be performed due to an error. Please visit the Beta Forum to request assistance." I tried to restart, open Ransomwere with admin priviliges, claimed the folder "WindowsApps" etc. It is not working to restore the files and I can't find them anywhere.

Hello Davicius,

We are looking into this issue and will be adding the EXE to whitelist and trying to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Please go into the windows store and try to redownload/repair the application by searching for it.

If this doesn't work, you can also use the Windows 10 App Trouble Shooter to help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Once working correctly, please attempt to add it to your exclusions just in case.