MB requires admin rights

Hello,

I hope I found the right category for my question.

Everytime when I start my computer (win10) I am promted to allow changes to be performed through MB by typing in the admin password. Assuming this has to do with the regular update. The whole thing is new and only began a few days ago. In addition, MB then tells me that my system has never been scanned by MB, which of course is not true.

Might there be a conflict between Win10 and MB after an recent update of either side?

Thanks 

Rüdiger

The version is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home (Premium) 2.2.1.1043 // Database 2016.04.18.04

Maybe I should point out that there was an automatic update of Win10 last week and now Version 1511 Build 10568.218 is running.

But I'm hard pressed to say if this "problem" occured afterwards (but I think so).

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes :)

When one updates to Windows 10, sometimes that breaks Malwarebytes, perhaps a fresh re-install of Malwarebytes will solve your issue.

Let's try this first....

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs(the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about v2.2.1 HERE; User Guide ONLINE; User Guide PDF; FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

Hello Folks,

right now, I'm afraid, I f..d it up.

I did follow your instructions closely, it all worked perfect. Thing is, I looked up my ID and Key in the directory mentioned, like it was discribed in one of those links provided.

What I did not see was, that ID and Key were not from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but rather from Malwarebytes Anti-Exploid.

The cleverbridge statement contains another ID and key for MBam, but it's from 2009 und does not work.

a) is there any chance to learn my ID and key again?

b) if not,  do I have to cancel my abonnement (it runs through Nov. 16) and by everything anew?

Thanks for your help

Assuming you purchased through the Malwarebytes site, you can have your ID and Key resent to you.

You should contact cleverbridge.....

If you lost your ID and License Key then send an email to: cs@cleverbridge.com

cs@cleverbridge.com
Phone: +1-866-522-6855
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (CST)
Also, you can use the Malwarebytes Help Center HERE.

When you get the email Print it out

Malwarebytes Tech support does not have any access to, or information pertaining to any sales\shipping\user account\registration issues.

You may also try and look up your product info by using your registered email address HERE or HERE

If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to post.