Recurrent (but sporadic) creating of Temporary Profile

RRin

Hi,
I have installed Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta 6 on a Windows 7, 64-bit computer.
Problem is:  Recurrent but sporadic loading/creating of a Temporary (user) Profile.
Initially after install of Ransomware the Temp. Profile was persistent.  I then created exclusions in the security software (suspecting a possible compatibility issue) and this appeared to address the problem at least for a while.  BUT ...
The system (windows o/s) did a significant system update, and the problem re-occurred.  A reboot of the system seemed to address the problem.
It appears that whenever there is a system issue or a large update of software that the problem resurfaces (re-occurrs).

I have been using Malwarebytes together with my selection of security programs for years and have in the past been well served by them.  Malwarebytes from my experience not only detects but cleans-up very well.   I have  a high respect for Malwarebytes especially as "second opinion" software AND for introducing an additional layer of protection.

I have included herewith the following files:
i)   Notebook Configuration.zip  (which includes details on installed security & set-up)
ii)  Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip
iii)  logs.zip

I trust that this information is helpful.  I shall continue to test Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.

Thanks,
RRin

Notebook Configuration.zip

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

logs.zip

Hello RRin and :welcome:

Thank you for the attached data.  Before going any further, please consider a clean install of MBARW Beta even though you may have performed a recent re-install:

1. Close all open user applications followed by a conventional Windows based uninstall of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware through the Windows system Control Panel.
2. If MBARW Beta was uninstalled successfully, the following directories will have been deleted from a typical Windows x64 system:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\
                         C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
                         C:\ProgramData\MBAMService\

3. If any of the above directories remain, please delete them manually.  If necessary, any remaining/uninstalled directory must be deleted in the Windows Safe mode.
4. Execute a conventional Windows restart to the Normal Windows boot mode and log-in through an Administrator's account. <===IMPORTANT!
5. Using an Administrator's account only, download a fresh MBARW_Setup.exe file and save to the Administrator's Desktop from the MBARW Introduction topic.
6. Right-click the saved MBARW_Setup.exe file and left-click RunAsAdmin.jpg  Run as administrator from the context menu and continue.
7. Upon a successful installation, please restart the computer in a conventional manner to the Windows Normal boot mode.

Please reply to your topic with the status of your reported issue.  Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to say that with a clean install [never had the previous betas] of the most recent beta 7, this issue is still present. After almost a week of it working fine it happened to me when attempting to login to the only account on the PC. Windows 7 64bit. Since this was the only new program I had and it was in beta I thought that might have been the cause and uninstalled before thinking to get logs. Once I searched the forums here I saw that I should have. Sorry about that. 

Edited by User5144

Hello @User5144 and :welcome:

It is disappointing to read your Consumer Beta testing system is having MBARW Beta issues but each computer is unique.  Problems that seem "the same" frequently are not.  The same is true for solutions.  Solutions may often need to be individualized for your unique testing system.

It is less confusing for everyone if a "One Member Per Topic" policy is adhered to instead of posting to the topic of another member.  Development Team Members, Staffers, and Helpers will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP/Topic Starter, with individualized assistance.

Please start a NEW, and SEPARATE topic by left-clicking this >>Start New Topic<< link now.

Thank you always for your patience and understanding.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am back again and notice that I am not alone with this temporary user profile problem.

My problem with the temporary user profile continues to exist even with the latest version of MBARW beta 7 installed.  Following your previous instructions, I completely uninstalled beta 6 and then installed beta 7.  I noticed that there was no fix listed for this problem among the fixes given for Beta 7.  I am ungrading my system hardware and OS, so here are the latest & last archives for my system before I make major changes.  Hopefully the team will be able to use them to find a solution to this problem.

Here are my latest zipped archives for MBARW developer team analysis as attachments:

1) Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip (Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware directory))
2) MBAMService_logs.zip (MBAMService\logs directory)

I plan to continue doing MBARW beta testing with my upgraded system.

RRin

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

MBAMService_logs.zip

Hello RRin:

Thank you for the archive files. I apologize for repeating what I have posted before but, the MBARW Beta development team monitors this sub-forum, and they are aware of similar reports for which they are working on a solution.

Thank you for participating in the MBARW beta testing program.

• Staff

Hi RRin. Can you export the Application logs from your Event Viewer?

run eventvwr.msc -> Windows Logs -> Application

Right click on Application and select Save All Events As...

Select a name and location for the .evtx file and save it

Zip that file, and attach it to a reply.

Thank you.