windows network adaptor

el_jack

I have a problem. I'm right next to a wireless router and windows does not reconize any signal. I have reinstall a network card because of a virus. I got rid of the virus. It messed up the settings some how. the device works properly but the problem is with some drivers microsoft uses for the system. they are not working. In the device manager console there is several items with exclamations. They are as followed direct parallel (code39), wan miniport (IP)(code 39),wan miniport (L2PT)(code 39), wan miniport (pptp)(code 39), intel pro/100 ve network connection -packet scheduler(code37). I have tried to update the driver and reinstall them but installation cant continue because widows could not initialize the device or a message states there is a problem an error occurred during installation of the device, A service in this INF is invalid.

Please Give me the necessary steps to fix this problem.

Any Good advice is welcomed.

Thank You

• Root Admin

Actually you probably don't have the system cleaned up from the Malware. I don't recall the name of the infection but for a short while there was one that messed up all the NIC card drivers and you just about had to format and reinstall Windows to fix it.

Please try the following and see if it helps.

Click on START - RUN and copy / paste the entry below into the run line and click OK

CMD /C NETSH FIREWALL RESET

Click on START - RUN and copy / paste the entry below into the run line and click OK

CMD /C NETSH int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

I did what you suggested and it worked but I still have the exclamations on the wan miniports. I uninstalled them and restarted the computer but windows didnot automatically reinstall them. I ran recovery console still non of the wan miniport items I uninstalled are back. How do I get them back

Please give me direction on this matter

Thanks

The network is working but I still have the yelow exclamation marks for the miniport and I don't know how to put back the miniports I uninstalled. the message when I try to update the wan ports that are present says "An error occurred during the the installation of the device. A service installation section in this INF is invalid."

Please give any helpful info on fixing this

Thanks

• Root Admin

If it is what I think it is (I've not actually had it or been able to infect with what causes it) so far no one that I've seen has been able to provide a fix for it. It's basically what appears to be misconfiguration/corruption of the registry which at that level can be very difficult to repair.

As long as both your Wired and Wireless networks are working as expected then I'd leave it alone until you have a FULL backup of your registry and data and then you can start looking at how to fix or remove the entries.

Aside from having the yellow exclamation marks what ill affect if any are you experiencing?

Back up your registry with ERUNT

• Download ERUNT from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click erunt-setup.exe to install the program
  • Follow the prompts, and then uncheck Create NTREGOPT desktop icon at the Additional Tasks screen.
  • At the next screen, uncheck Show documentation and check Launch ERUNT
  • If ERUNT doesnt start by itself, launch it from the desktop shortcut.
  • At the configuration screen, make sure all 3 checkboxes are checked
  • Click Ok to run the backup process
    Note:
    The backups can be restored from here:
    C:\windows\ERDNT\<todays date>\ERDNT.exe