Malwarebytes becomes non responsive

I run Malwarebytes Premium on four computers and have recently had a problem that I have never experienced.

On one of my computers since upgrading to 2.2.1.1043 I have noticed the program will become non responsive.  I still see the icon in the system tray so I think everything is fine.  But if I hover over the icon I will see that the database is a few days old so it has not updated even though it should.  Then I will try to open the program but it won't open.  It is non responsive.  I have to end the process in Task Manager.  Then a new icon will show and now I can open the program.  The database updates and the scheduled scan will run since it has been missed for several days. Everything will be fine again, until it isn't.  So far I have noticed this happening at least three times.  I never experienced this before and can trace it to when I upgraded to the current version, which I did over the top. The program runs fine on my other computers.

I am certain there is no malware or virus on this computer but I am sure you will ask me to attach logs.  I really am hoping someone from the program team can give me advice on why this might be happening and what can be done to fix it.  Perhaps a removal/reinstall may be warranted. 

Edited by bru