Malewarebytes Anti-Ransomeware

dupuism12

Hi all,

Just to add that I installed the BETA version and upon being gone for a week and powering up the laptop got a notification that I had a Ransomeware detected via MS Explorer and that it put this item in my Quarantine, upon looking there was nothing present.

Anti-Ransomeware is still showing active and I have since gotten MS updates and ran virus checks and no other situation has arose!

Next time, if this happens again, I will get a screen shot!

Since Malwarebytes' Anti-Ransomware ( MBARW ) is in Beta, discussions, feedback and reporting for MBARW is only performed in;  Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta

Please reference:
How to report a MBARW False Positive

1. Malwarebytes Forum
  2. --> Announcements
  3. ---> Beta Testing Program
  4. ----> Open Betas
  5. -----> Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta

Edited by David H. Lipman

• 4 weeks later...

Hello alexisgonzalez13 and :welcome:

Recently, all installed versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta5 (v0.9.14.361) with Internet access were forced to expire so as to encourage all users to upgrade to MBARW Beta6 (v0.9.15.416).  The MBARW_Setup.exe file, that was used as an installer, is deprecated and should be permanently deleted from all sources.

Please consider:

1. Close all open user applications followed by a conventional Windows based uninstall of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware through the Windows system Control Panel.
2. If MBARW Beta5 was uninstalled successfully, the following sub-directories will have been deleted from a typical Windows x64 system:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\
                         C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
                         C:\ProgramData\MBAMService\

3. If any of the above directories remain, please delete them manually.  If necessary, any remaining/uninstalled directory must be deleted in the Windows Safe mode.
4. Execute a conventional Windows restart to the Normal Windows boot mode and log-in through an Administrator's account. <===IMPORTANT!
5. Using an Administrator's account only, download a fresh MBARW_Setup.exe file and save to the Administrator's Desktop from the MBARW Introduction topic.
6. Right-click the saved MBARW_Setup.exe file and left-click RunAsAdmin.jpg  Run as administrator from the context menu and continue.
7. Upon a successful installation, please restart the computer in a conventional manner to the Windows Normal boot mode.

Please reply to your topic with the status of your reported issue.  Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.