One computer Z97 PRO GAMER : BSOD "BAD POOL CALLER" without Malicious Website Protection (ndis.sys). I uninstalled Mbam.

Is it possible that Mbam Anti-Exploit Premium and Mbam Premium cause BSOD ? Anti-Exploit is installed on this computer. I can try to uninstall it and reinstall Mbam Premium alone with Bitdefender to see but I think there is no difference with the crash.

On 2016-04-16 at 4:52 PM, usasma said:

Just to add to the confusion, several years ago Nir Sofer and I exchanged a number of emails on the accuracy of BlueScreenView.
In short, he was concerned that (if I recall the details correctly) the randomization of memory in 64 bit systems might hamper the identification of drivers by Blue Screen View...

I was also told that free utilities like BlueScreenView and WhoCrashed don't have the ability to interpret all the symbols in crash dumps that allow you to look at functions further down the crash stack.  The Windows debugging tool WinDbg can be configured to access the Microsoft symbol server (see the MS article Debugging with Symbols) and it looks like WhoCrashed Professional has at least some ability to perform kernel stack traces with symbol resolution that the free version doesn't have.
-------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox v45.0.2 * NIS v.21.7.0.11 * MBAM Premium 2.2.1

With WhoCrashed Pro :

On Sun 10/04/2016 15:54:38 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041016-12500-01.dmp
uptime: 08:31:57
This was probably caused by the following module: mwac.sys (mwac+0x61B8)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x0, 0xFFFFE00089D060D8)
Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mwac.sys
product: Malwarebytes Web Access Control
company: Malwarebytes Corporation
description: Malwarebytes Web Access Control
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: mwac.sys (Malwarebytes Web Access Control, Malwarebytes Corporation).
Google query: Malwarebytes Corporation BAD_POOL_CALLER

On Sun 10/04/2016 07:21:35 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041016-15171-01.dmp
uptime: 9 days, 14:15:14
This was probably caused by the following module: mwac.sys (mwac+0x6135)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFE001B0A490D0, 0xFFFFE001B0A490F0, 0x402000D)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: mwac.sys (Malwarebytes Web Access Control, Malwarebytes Corporation).
Google query: Malwarebytes Corporation BAD_POOL_HEADER

On Wed 30/03/2016 20:08:25 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\033116-14015-01.dmp
uptime: 08:56:20
This was probably caused by the following module: mwac.sys (mwac+0x90BF)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x0, 0xFFFFE00004015778)
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Sat 26/03/2016 09:42:32 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\032616-13687-01.dmp
uptime: 1 day, 02:23:56
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x0, 0xFFFFE001F531F818)

On Fri 25/03/2016 07:17:30 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\032516-17500-01.dmp
uptime: 3 days, 12:20:09
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x0, 0xFFFFE000B6448688)

On Mon 21/03/2016 18:56:17 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\032116-14500-01.dmp
uptime: 01:23:55
This was probably caused by the following module: mwac.sys (mwac+0x61B8)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x1, 0xFFFFE0006A1BBF38)

Another motherboard ASUS Z77 :

This is the proof that a BSOD is not always correct on the paper.

On Thu 14/04/2016 07:31:06 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041416-14593-01.dmp
uptime: 3 days, 15:35:23
This was probably caused by the following module: netwbw02.sys (Netwbw02+0xA2820)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x0, 0xFFFFE0012B4B25F8)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\netwbw02.sys
product: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: netwbw02.sys (Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation BAD_POOL_CALLER

On Thu 14/04/2016 07:31:06 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
uptime: 3 days, 15:35:23
This was probably caused by the following module: netwbw02.sys (Netwbw02+0xA2820)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x0, 0xFFFFE0012B4B25F8)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\netwbw02.sys
product: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: netwbw02.sys (Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation BAD_POOL_CALLER

Edited by Kaiwen

OK, let's talk a bit about BSOD's (my specialty)
WinDbg (and the other debuggers) will do their best to identify the problem.
But they aren't 100% perfect.
Here's a scenario that happens quite often (in BSOD terms):

A 3rd party driver writes to the memory space owned by ntoskrnl.exe.
Then the 3rd party driver exits, leaving no trace of itself in the memory space.
ntoskrnl.exe finally encounters the unexpected entry in it's memory space.
It panics, and throws a BSOD.
As there is no evidence of anything else in the dump, it can only blame ntoskrnl.exe

Also, there's basically 2 types of BSOD crashes:
- those that are caused by a lone driver
- those that are caused by more than one driver

What we're looking at here is a problem between BitDefender and MBAM.
FWIW - I have seen simiilar issues (although not as frequent) with other antivirus programs.
My pet theory (I am not a developer, nor am I a part of MalwareBytes), is that MalwareBytes is such a powerful tool that it's the same as having 2 antivirus' on your system - they tend to interfere with each other.  The developers have scoffed at this - but I've been scoffed at before (and have been proven right :0).

I also wonder about your networking drivers - as there's evidence of networking involvement throughout this topic:

You cited " ndis.sys, netio.sys or tcpip.sys " in your first post
The discussion in related topics tends to center around the BitDefender firewall (a network device)
As is the " Malicious Website Protection " that you're trying to disable as a solution.

The networking "stack" contains at least 7 different levels ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model ) - so it's a complicated sub-system.
Please:
- download a fresh set of ALL the latest, compatible networking drivers for your system (wired, wireless, bluetooth, etc)
- uninstall the current drivers (through Control Panel...Programs and Features).  If there's no uninstaller there, then try uninstalling through Device Manager
- install the freshly downloaded drivers.

Finally, there have been no real diagnostics done on this problem in this topic.
Please provide this information so we can get a better idea of what's going on within the system: 

This will help to narrow down the problem, and may help to confirm or rule out that this is a MalwareBytes problem.
Beyond that, there's not much else that can be done here.

Edited by usasma

I already updated all drivers. This BSOD occurs on many computers and motherboards when Bitdefender and Mbam coexist (all drivers updates or not). It's not a network driver problem.

The french Bitdefender technician said that Bitdefender tech assist strongly advises customers to do not install Malwarebytes or another AV solution with Bitdefender... He said that it's written on the manual.

So, I asked him when the software will be updated to erase automatically Malwarebytes Premium if it's not compatible 'cause if it is not compatible >> No discussion !

I can't obtain an official answer...

Let me try just one more time.  We would like to work with you to get this resolved.  But we need diagnostic reports and a full dump file.

I can then arrange for the review of those by our internal team.  We can also have our internal team contact Bitdefender.  Actually Bitdefender is wanting more detail information.

If you have the name and email of the "bitdefender technician"  then P M me with that information.

Just do not rely on the public forum at BitDefender, as I see those responders have already reached their own conclusions. 

OK Kaiwen, I am not associated with MalwareBytes.
So, I can speak a bit more directly.

If you would like official help with this problem (as Maurice Naggar has offered), then you'll provide the reports that are asked for.
If you choose not to provide the reports, then please stop your complaining.
These people have tried their darndest to help you and are even willing to work with their competition in order to help you.
Yet you continue to complain and resist any attempts to fix your problem.

FWIW - I will follow this topic long enough to see if you will stop your whining and provide the requested information.
If you do, all will be well and I will continue to help here.
Should you not provide the information, then I will unsubscribe from this topic and grant you the great honor of being the first user here that I have placed in my Ignored Users folder.

Your move.........

Calm down. I didn't answer to Maurice because I am working and I don't have the time to do the log file etc. I am not in USA too but in Europe so it's not the same time here. I'll do the report after.

If you want to ban/ignore me in your users folder, let's go. I don't know who you are, it makes me neither hot nor cold.