Message without any effects

Kaim

Hi,

I got today a Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware message on my screen that a process was stopped and something was moved into the quarantine.

I was a little bit worried... But nothing happened afterwards. No ominous PC actions and no files appear in quarantine section. My version is 0.9.15.416, with Windows Pro 8.1 (inclusive all updates).

Should I be afraid after all?

Hello Kaim and :welcome:

"Should I be afraid after all?"

Probably not, but the system's logs will tell much more.  Requests will be made to send a total of three (3) archives in two separate replies. 

Please create/send  the first 2 following zipped archives for MBARW developer team analysis:

Create a .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply.  The next request will be based on the content of the above.  Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valuable feedback.

Hello Kaim:

Thank you for the data and a third archive will not be required as your system has already uploaded the necessary data to the MBARW Beta developers for analysis.  The more recent false positive alert triggers, which is what you likely experienced from that system, have been for a Microsoft.NET file (Ngen.exe) and have likely been already resolved.

If the system does raise another false positive warning window, please consider taking a screen grab of that window or taking a good note of the data within for a post to this sub-forum.

Thank you for your participation in the MBARW Beta testing program.