Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

Multiple browser windows opened on all 3 PCs

Agent88

I have 3 PCs on my LAN all running Win7Pro.  All 3 have MBAM Premium, MBAE, and HMPA installed.  This a.m. I heard my primary PC alerting me of window openings and when I looked, 11 windows for IE browser were opened on it.  I checked the other PCs and they had the multiple open browser windows, too.  I closed all browser windows, and see no issues.  Anybody have a guess as to what is going on?  These are stable desktops that have never had this issue before.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 5:08 PM, John L. Galt said:

Did the windows open across the different PCs to the same (set of) links?

Yes.. the browser's home page.  One was Bing, the other two were Google (I have the home page set to those search engines on each PC).  There was no other URL being accessed.  This has never occured before or since.  Strange.... all PCs had browsers closed with only the desktop showing until about 6 a.m.  Then all 3 PCs started opening browser windows without any intervention.  Eleven open browser tabs each!  I was in another room when I heard the speakers reporting open windows sounds, one after the other.  It was over within 30 minutes, whatever it was.  All I did was close each window.  Had no other idea what else to do.  No issue since.

That is most definitely odd.  Most likely isn't a program update / download, because no URL was opened.  The fact that it happened across multiple PCs.  IE across all of them, or even different browsers?

Any word in the HMPA forums of anyone else experiencing the same thing?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to be so late in responding to your closing query.  Things being as they are, I didn't have time to pursue this issue any further since the action was never repeated.  It has been almost a month now and it never happened again. In the meantime, I decided to un-install HMPA since it appears to be redunant to MBAE which I have chosen to install in its place.  This keeps some integrity with MBAM which I have had for several years.