Non Malware Flag

Trunge

I love this program but sure do wish that there was an option to turn of that VERY annoying flag that pops up about every five minutes to let you know that Non Malware has been detected.  I personally do not care if non malware is on my computer.  It is always a cookie that is not harming me in anyway.  Please please please do an update that allows this flag to be turned off.  I am tempted to uninstall the program and go with another due to this stupid flag.

Hi Trunge,

I must say that I have never seen MBAM flag a cookie, neither as malware nor as non-malware. I did get some PUP/PUA flags, are those the ones you are reffering to?

If so, in the settings you can change how PUPs and PUMs are treated (Ignore, alert only, treat as malware). In addition you can turn off notifications all together though that may be a bit extreme as malware will not trigger a flag either.

If this did not help, could you attach a screen shot so I/we have a better understanding of what feedback you are trying to give?

Regards,
Durew

I forgot - I had already turned off the notifications, but did not know about the PUPs and PUMs.  I went to settings and told MB to ignore these.  Maybe that will cause the flag to go away.  I will also go in and turn the notifications back on.

This pop-up tells you that Non-Malware objects (PUPs/PUMs) were detected, not quarantined :) If you go under the Scan tab, you should see the results of the scan. Alternatively, if you go under the History tab, in the Application Logs (on the left), you'll see the multiple Scan Logs and Protection Logs. Open the latest Scan Log you can, click on the Export button and select Copy to clipboard, then post it here. We'll tell you exactly what was detected.

I sure do appreciate all of the help with Malwarebytes.  I will certainly do what you suggest above.  I decided to turn my notifications back on and I also left the PUMs turned on.  I think my flags were mostly coming from the PUPs area.  I left those notifications turned off.  I was getting a pop up flag at least 3 or 4 times an hour. 

I can see that you are infected with quite a few PUPs. In that case, the best would be to seek assistance in the malware removal area.

Please follow the instructions in the thread below, and create a new thread in the Malware Removal Help section providing the information and logs asked.

It doesn't mean that there aren't remnants on the system, nor does it means that these were the only PUPs/PUMs on your system. Getting a free check-up in the malware removal area will ensure that there's nothing left, and if there is, a trained helper will help you clean them up.