Sign in to follow this  
TryingToHelp

Unable to Connect to the service

The Anti-Ransomware Beta seemed to have been running fine but in the last few days I get the message "Connection Lost - Unable to connect to the service".   I have tried reinstalling but still get the same message.

Hello TryingToHelp and :welcome:

The system's logs will help with clues.  Please create the following zipped archives for MBARW developer team analysis:

Create a .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply.  Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valuable feedback.

I had the same problem as above - message about lost connection and could not start Anti-Ransomware. Per above instructions, I uninstalled Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware using Revo Uninstaller Pro, rebooted, turned off Norton firewall and all its protection, then installed a fresh version of Anti-Ransomware (downloaded before the reboot). Anti-Ransomware starts perfectly. I then re-enabled all the Norton settings. All is well..

Hello CryptL:

Thank you for the timely info.