Post edit notification

The Forum now injects Edit time such as " Edited 2 minutes ago by David H. Lipman "  When it hasn't before the Forum Upgrade and after the Forum Upgrade.

Before the Forum Upgrade there was a toggle in the User Account Settings to Enable or Disable that.  It is now enabled and I do not see how to Disable it in my profile.

• Administrators

Hi David!!

In order to provide transparency to all users, the ability to hide an Edit notification was disabled for all users types including Admins.

So what you are seeing with Edits being called out is the expected behavior for everyone.

Edited by AlexSmith

This was an unannounced alteration.

Thank you for the explanation.

EDIT:

It should be noted that because this lousy Forum Software does not have a Preview mode, one is forced to post to see the rendered data.  Thus causing an increased level of needing to edit a post.

Edited by David H. Lipman

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

It should be noted that because this lousy Forum Software does not have a Preview mode, one is forced to post to see the rendered data.  Thus causing an increased level of needing to edit a post.

Yep, when using BBCode the live preview functionality of the WYSIWYG Editor doesn't help out since the processing of the BBCode tags are only performed when the post/reply is submitted. So if you're not using BBCode, the live preview usually works fine in my experience.

Right there that is a False Assumption and a myopic POV.  It is one of the reasons this Forum Software is not apropos for the discussions of malicious activity, code and technical subject matter and why the Forum Software is better suited for such subject matter as Cooking Recipes.

It is a real PITA to have to edit with an outside utility such as Notepad and use another Forum which has a quality Editor.

I understand Malwarebytes got screwed by Invision and Malwarebytes is stuck with this lousy software which still has major issues just about 1 month after it was installed.    However Malwarebytes pays Invision, not the other way around, so in order to provide transparency to all users please don't make excuses for the software.

• Administrators

David,

Just so I am clear, you are saying that the editor is screwing up content that was not BBCode based and was created using just text or the toolbar? I am double checking that I am understanding your statement here.