Hello,

during last month i have continuous blue screens, trying to find out the reason. 

I have Bitdefender Total Security 2016 and Anti-Malware Home Premium since a couple of years and I am very satisfied till now.

Windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack l, 6.1, build: 7601
Hardware: H87-HD3, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

CPU: Genuineintel Intel(R) Core{TM) iS-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz Intel586, level: 6 4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 34232840192 bytes total
On Sun 10-Apr-16 11:26:40 AM GMT your computer crashed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: mwac.sys (mwac+Ox612D) Bugcheck code: Ox19 (Ox20, OxFFFFFA801CCC15FO, OxFFFFFA801CCC1610, Ox4020010)
Error: BAD POOL HEADER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\d rivers\mwac.sys product: Malwarebytes Web Access Control company: Malwarebytes Corporation

description: Malwarebytes Web Access Control

Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because offaulty RAM modules.

A third  party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for  an update for the following  driver: mwac.sys (Malwarebytes Web Access Control, Malwarebytes Corporation).   Google query: Malwarebytes Corporation BAD POOL HEADER
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sun 10-Apr-16 11:26:40 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041016-35739-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys  (tcpip+Ox8CD26) Bugcheck code: Ox19 (Ox20, OxFFFFFA801CCC15FO, OxFFFFFA801CCC1610, Ox4020010)
Error: BAD POOL HEADER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation

description: TCP/IP Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because offaulty RAM modules.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could not attach the full WhoCrashed Output file, due a -200 failure, the module mwac.sys is mentioned together with tcpip.sys.

Can you please advise a solution?

Thank you,

Kostas

Edited by Maurice Naggar

I'm at work now so this will be brief. I'll reply more later

uninstall both BitDefender and MalwareBytes - then use the removal tool for each

then download and install the latest available version of each

Edited by usasma
Typo

Hi KostasD,

Let me suggest these steps so that each of the BitDefender & Malwarebytes programs are both cleanly re-installed.

Please try the following.

1. Fully uninstall Bitdefender 2016 Total Security via the Program and Features ( installed programs) in Control Panel.
You can press and hold the Windows-key + tap *R* key to get the RUN option.
then type in

appwiz.cpl

and tap Enter. Locate *Bitdefender* in the list.  Click the line to select it. Then select Uninstall.
Be sure it finishes the uninstall.

2. Then download and run the following Bitdefender removal tool

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2016_UninstallTool.exe

3. Then reboot the computer. Then follow the directions below to do a clean removal of MBAM but do not reinstall just yet.

link fo "MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x"

4. After you've removed MBAM using those directions then run the following temp file cleaner.

Please Run this tool to clear temporary files:
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune, saving it to your desktop.
"From-this-link-page"

It is used to cleanout temporary files & temp areas used by internet browsers.
Start "ATF-Cleaner.exe" to run the program.

Under *Main* choose: **Select All**

Click the **Empty Selected** button.

If you use Firefox browser, do this also:
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All

Click the Empty Selected button.

NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser, do this also:
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All

Click the Empty Selected button.

NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Restart the computer one more time.

Then reinstall Bitdefender 2016 Total Security, check for updates. Then reboot the computer one more time now.

At this point go ahead and reinstall MBAM again and update it and activate it. Then do a Threat Scan.

You can download the latest version from this link

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_current/

Save the setup first, to your disc. After that, do a right-click on the setup-exe file and select RUN as Administrator and reply YES to allow it to proceed.

Be sure to do one Update run in our program to get the latest database updates.  Then also Restart Windows so that it is in a new session after all this.

Let us know the results.  Thank you.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

I would have made a new post but I have the exact same issue; Bitdefender Total Security 2016 + MBAM Premium = BSOD with message BAD_POOL_HEADER or BAD_POOL_CALLER. Only when Web protection is enabled in MBAM.

I just have one query Maurice. Will re-installing both programs with the method you have provided stop the BSOD's from occurring or is it not yet an actual proven fix?

Thanks,

Icecolddiesel

In every instance that I've seen (both here and at another forum) Maurice's advice has resulted in a fix.
Your circumstances seem to be the same as those, but without a full analysis nothing is 100% certain (and frequently, BSOD analysis isn't a 100% certain procedure).

Please create your own topic so that your problem may receive the individual attention that it deserves.

3 hours ago, usasma said:

In every instance that I've seen (both here and at another forum) Maurice's advice has resulted in a fix.
Your circumstances seem to be the same as those, but without a full analysis nothing is 100% certain (and frequently, BSOD analysis isn't a 100% certain procedure).

Please create your own topic so that your problem may receive the individual attention that it deserves.

Thank you usasma, I will try Maurice's method when I have free time. For now I will just keep MBAM's website protection disabled.

Thank you all,

Icecolddiesel

The driver bdfwfpf.sys is the issue here.
It's important that it get updated. 

Check for it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Firewall\bdfwfpf.sys
and see what version it is (AFAIK, the version 7.00.16 is the problem one).

10 hours ago, usasma said:

The driver bdfwfpf.sys is the issue here.
It's important that it get updated. 

Check for it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Firewall\bdfwfpf.sys
and see what version it is (AFAIK, the version 7.00.16 is the problem one).

But isn't version 7.00.16 of bdfwfpf.sys the latest one?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I'm confused !

First I get the impression that MBAM is the cause, specifically  mwac.sys. But now USASMA says "The driver bdfwfpf.sys is the issue here", which is a Bitdefender driver. Can somebody help me because I have the same set up as KostasD (Windows version, MBAM version  and BD version), and my BSODs (26 sofar) started on 29 March

PS: Could my problem be caused by an update of MBAM or Bitdefender shortly before or on 29 March ? 

Thanks for anybody's help. I'm in the middle of an important project requiring word processing and I've lost amonth already :-(

ColinT

First, it is best for each person needing help to start their own separate topic.  Not every case is necessarily the same as the rest.
The whole point about the BitDefender firewall driver & the MBAM software is to make real sure you have both with the latest released software and that all 100% of it got posted / completed all the way.
Lastly, you cannot rush thru this.  You need lots patience and persistence.  Do not rush.
In any event, the adjustments below are certainly do-able and take less than 15 minutes in all.

I am currently using of my machines with a mix of BitDefender  2016 and Premium Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
I think it is very worthwhile to give these following adjustments a try.  

Start the BitDefender Total Security program.  Look on the main screen. Down on the bottom, click the Modules line.

BD1.png

Next, look on the Protections tab.  Then click on the Antivirus line (setting).
At the top section, listed as On-Access scanning, yours should be set to NORMAL.   Please verify that.

Then, look down the screen to the block marked Active Threat Control.
click and set it to PERMISSIVE.

BD4.png

Then you can close the screen.

Then you may start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  and turn back on the Malicious Website protection.
Click Settings. Adavanced settings.   check the box "Enable Malicious website protection".

Click the Detection and protection button on the left.  Be sure the line for Malicious website protection is set to Enabled.

<
These other adjustments are highly suggested.   Next, I would highly recommend some trust setting adjustments for BitDefender and our program as well.
Generally speaking one needs to set BitDefender to trust the program components of our Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.

In order for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Bitdefender  to work together instead of conflicting, you must configure both applications. 

B-D_trusted appl.png

How to configure *Bitdefender*  to exclude Malwarebytes files -
Step 1. Open *Bitdefender*
Step 2. Click on "Modules"  near the bottom of the window so that you see a white screen
Step 3. You should see a Protection tab with  white background

Step 4. click on the "Trusted applications" line in black, on the left side
Step 5. You should see a new window BitDefender Trusted Applications

Step 6. Click "Add" button (blue color)
Use the navigation tree to get to the C drive and its sub-folders

Step 7. Click on the + sign on the line Windows C drive

Step 8. Navigate to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' , select desired folder and click "OK"

You will need to select each EXE file - one by one

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

Step 9. Make sure that the option "Both" is checked and select "Add"

Step 10. Click "OK"

How to add your Bitdefender  folder to Malwarebytes "Malware Exclusions" list -
Step 1. Open the Malwarebytes application
Step 2. Click on "Settings"
Step 3. Click "Malware Exclusions" in the left column
Step 4. Click on "Add Folder"
Step 5. Navigate to 'C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016'
Step 6. Click once on "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016" folder to highlight it
Step 7. Click on "Select Folder"

also do the same for the folder  C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent

Step 8. Close Malwarebytes
Step 9. Reboot your computer <--Very Important!

Finally, someone else has reported success after disabling "Search Advisor" and "Scan SSL"  in the BitDefender "Web Protection" Settings.

Cheers,

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Actually, I believe the exclusions area in Bitdefender is found under; Protection>Antivirus>Exclusions. The 'Trusted Applications' section is only to exclude processes from the ransomware protection and not from the actual on-access scanning or Active Threat Control (which is the area we want to exclude Malwarebytes processes from).

Edited by IceColdDiesel
2 minutes ago, ColinT said:

Hi again,

I noticed the IceColdDiesel had four MBAM files listed to be added to the exclusions list. Maurice had a fifth one listed; 'mbam.exe'. Should I add this also ??

ColinT

Yes, you want to add every .exe in the Malwarebytes directory to the exclusions list.

P.S. I didn't provide any names or screenshots of files for you to add to the exclusions, they were all provided by Maurice.